rear coils in hilux

Re: rear coils in hilux

Postby Parr on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 7:18 +0000

jokerjanet wrote:f*@k thats awesome i wouldnt mind knowing if thats just base plates welded in then sit the springs in or if its a landcruiser conversion?

its a 4 link conversion not a 5 link like the cruisers and patrols run ( no panhard rod = no rear steer and handles nicer) bud has all the brackets laser cut and would be able to supply all the parts needed for the conversion for the diy'er. You need to do you own engineering though, have a look at hidler91's and toddie's build also both are running the buds rear.

also you need to relocate the fuel tank, as the links run were the old one sits. you can run as bigger shocks as you want on the rear we are all running 12" foxes to keep it balanced no good running 16" rear if your front it doing f-all the truck will want to roll before you get full travel.

cheers
Parr

Postby Parr on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 7:23 +0000

Monaz wrote:Next satge of R&D will be to modify the handbrake cable giving it more length as Im fairly sure that is holding up possibly 2 inchs of unused travel in the shocks

Watch toddies or my build the rear disc brakes should be happening before the end of the year and the handbrake will be moved to a trans style similar to a patrol.
Parr

Postby Blackie2008 on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 5:54 +0000

Parr wrote:
Monaz wrote:Next satge of R&D will be to modify the handbrake cable giving it more length as Im fairly sure that is holding up possibly 2 inchs of unused travel in the shocks

Watch toddies or my build the rear disc brakes should be happening before the end of the year and the handbrake will be moved to a trans style similar to a patrol.

Is that what the Scotsman is running ATM??
Dan.

08' SR5 Dual Cab, Manual, Prado brake upgrade, 33" KM2's, DMS MR Rekon Stage II, MMKD, Stage 2 GTurbo, HPD FMIC, NPC Clutch, 360 UHD Gearbox...

Built, not bought

Build thread: http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 41&t=15092
Blackie2008

Postby toddie on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 6:52 +0000

Yeah similar hand brake set up to Scotsman, but he runs a patrol rear, so already has rear discs.

I've already started ordering parts for this, and I'm sure once buddy is finished it'll be a bolt in set up for the 05+ rear diff to run rear discs ;)

Buddy will be a busy boy
toddie

Previous

Return to Suspension