Drooped front suspension

Drooped front suspension

Postby Matthall1 on Fri, 29 Jun 2012 8:47 +0000

Hi all, looking for a but of help fixing my drooped front end. I have a 3" bilstein lift with dobinsons coils, diff drop kit as well. It has drooped down though with The weight of winch and second battery added recently. What would be some possible fixes to this have thought about strut spacers but seems a bit dodge. Would I have to get new springs to reset to the full 3 and a bit inches it had? Any help would be great.
Cheers
Matthall1

Re: Drooped front suspension

Postby RonBacardi8 on Sat, 30 Jun 2012 5:27 +0000

Get some HEavy Duty springs, I know king springs do a good HD one but I'm sure a few other companies do as well.
Had a similar problem with mine, even thogh it was a HD kit the old man emu was not up for the task so I opted for some Kings Springs and so far havnt looked back.

Cheers Ronny
RonBacardi8

Postby Matthall1 on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:22 +0000

thanks ron,

took it to a suspension shop and they said there is another ring notch on the shocks they can go to. I asked them if they were heavy duty springs and they said dobinsons only make one type that is different lengths to suit the need of the vehicle. thanks for the advice though mate. I have seen a few cars with king springs and they really look the business, if the ring notch doesnt give the desired result i might look into the springs.
Matthall1

Drooped front suspension

Postby Earl-mi on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:39 +0000

What grove Is the coil seat on currently?

You can't go any higher than middle grove if you have three! Which if it's the bilstien 3 Inch kit.

Where did you get them from?

Thanks Mitch
Earl-mi

Postby white_hilux on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 1:10 +0000

im going through the same issue atm as well. Its suppose to be a 3" bilstein lift from cal offroad but it seems that the springs have sagged with the addition of a new bullbar and winch. compared to others on the forum mine is currently less that a 2" and my tyres are now rubbing on the inner guards :evil: from my understanding, its all about the height of the notch that the spring sits at. the middle one notch should be fine and just get some HD springs that specify a 50mm (approx) lift. Im looking at replacing mine with these
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/p ... ts_id=8235
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab
2" lift, 32" Bighorns, F & R Diff Locked, Rock sliders, TJM Bullbar and Winch

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
white_hilux

Postby cory on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 10:06 +0000

I have the cal Offroad 3" touring kit and I have 2 groves, I'm lead to believe 3 and 4 inch as I set mine on the lower of the two and measures close to three inch. Cals got different struts now, silver billies.. Any1 got them?
Cheers....... Cory
cory

Postby UDLOZE on Tue, 17 Jul 2012 9:59 +0000

Gents;
I am having the same problem with my OME springs I am now on my 3rd set on warranty and am just about to go back to my local dealer and tell them I don’t want their springs anymore. I do also have a 12,000 LBS XE warn winch, ARB deluxe bar and side rails and a duel battery. If anyone has a good spring that they recommend it would be great as my MTZ’s are scalloping on the front.

cheers
UDLOZE

Postby bkstravel on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 5:24 +0000

ive got cal off road 3-4 inch billies set on the top notch -4 inch, to compensate for this problem with weight and carn't report any problems, only done 20 000 km's since moving to the upper notch tho.
have a diff drop aswell tho.
bkstravel

Postby EASTCOAST on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 6:50 +0000

bkstravel.... How much extra height did you pickup when you swapped to the top groove??
******If you can ignore it its not a real problem******
EASTCOAST

Postby ultimate on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 8:42 +0000

I asked them if they were heavy duty springs and they said dobinsons only make one type that is different lengths to suit the need of the vehicle.

Do you know what the part number is on your coils? The dobinson Heavy Duty coils are the same wire diameter as the medium duty coils but are longer in free height. They will keep the height with the bullbar and winch without making the ride too harsh. The coils you have now may not have "sagged" but rather compressed with the weight. Fitting the "HD" coil should sit it back up perfectly.

If anyone has a good spring that they recommend it would be great as my MTZ’s are scalloping on the front.

We have a range of coils to suit the Hilux from lowered to extra heavy duty raised applications. All of our coils come with a lifetime warranty and are $220 delivered for newhilux.net members. I'm sure we can work out the right coil for your vehicle.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Return to Suspension