Central locking install '99 LN172R

Central locking install '99 LN172R

Postby Unoriginalusername on Thu, 09 Feb 2017 7:03 +0000

Hi,

I have recently purchased a '99 ln172r and I want to install central remote locking, I have an after market jaycar kit but when I had the door panels off on the weekend I realised it is not going to be an easy job to install the solenoids as the locking rods are quite hard to access (security tube and right up near the end of the door), let alone being able to see what you are doing in the door skin/ get a screw driver in there to fasten the connector between the locking rod and push rod.

Has anyone had luck installing central locking in their hilux? if so pics of how you mounted the solenoid or tips for installing them would be awesome.

cheers
Unoriginalusername

Re: Central locking install '99 LN172R

Postby Rhino_343 on Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:10 +0000

Inn the next week I’m going to pull the door skins off my 99 model dual can and fix the broken central locking, or try too at least haha. I will take some photos of what I find. I just bought the car and the locking is a mess, some doors work, others don’t and drivers door must have a bent rod in it as the internal lock button is jammed down way too far and gets stuck some days. If I have any luck fixing or replacing it I will post on here.
Rhino_343

Return to Tips & Tricks