Clutch replacement for 2003 SR5

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Clutch replacement for 2003 SR5

Postby spruce7 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:46 +0000

G'day guys,

Have recently had a blue slip (QLD) to get my rego changed over from NSW this was compulsary, and the guy who did it said my clutch would b going in the next 5000km or so. I knew it was on the way out but didn't think it was that close, with easter only 12 days away i am now in a predicament as to chancing it :? on lasting whilst away or trying to get it replaced ASAP. Any thoughts on wether or not to do it would be appreciated, i am in Brisbane if you could suggest any mechanics around who do a good job for a reasonable price (trying to keep pennies for easter 4WD) i didn't think the cost should be astronomical and that just a standard replacement would b fine no need for a "Tuff" clutch or anything as this one has done 175,000km and its been used as a work ute.

Any suggestions or past experience would be greatly appreciated
spruce7

Re: Clutch replacement for 2003 SR5

Postby helmut79 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:49 +0000

Mate you could try fourbys on the below address. Allot of the QLD boys recommend them and trust their advice

http://www.fourbys.com.au/

Good luck
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby ultimate on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 7:10 +0000

Jonlin Automotive in Coorparoo is another great company. They are general mechanics with a very good reputation and long running business. They install suspension kits for us up there and a lot of my customers have told me they are now taking all their vehicles there for servicing and general work. I don't think you can get better feedback than that.

http://jonlinautomotive.com/
15 Clarence Street, Coorparoo
3394 2400
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby spruce7 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 7:30 +0000

:D Thanks guys for the extremely quick relies, have given them both a call and 1 other will let you know how it goes
spruce7

Postby spruce7 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:19 +0000

Ok so not sure about how this will be received but here it goes.

FYI i rang:- Motorcare 4x4 at Bowen Hills
- Fourby's at Marooka (thanks helmut 79)
-Jonlin Automotive at Coorparoo (thanks ultimate)

All were more than helpful, fully detailed what was involved which is always good no matter what your level of knowledge, and all got back to me with a price to do it and a time frame within a 1 hour. Customer Service for all 3 was A+++.

At the end of the it came down to dollars and how quickly they could get me in out of there store without comprimising on quality. Jonlin's went that extra mile and gave me a decent discount on my service that is due in 1500km anyway because i booked in to do both clutch replace and service at the same time. Although Motorcare 4x4 and Fourby's were around $100-$150 more expensive its not much in it and Jonlin's were ready to get it in and out over 2 days to make sure they didn't rush it starting tomorrow morning :o .

Pretty happy with that at such short notice before easter.
spruce7

Postby helmut79 on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:25 +0000

spruce7 wrote:Ok so not sure about how this will be received but here it goes.

FYI i rang:- Motorcare 4x4 at Bowen Hills
- Fourby's at Marooka (thanks helmut 79)
-Jonlin Automotive at Coorparoo (thanks ultimate)

All were more than helpful, fully detailed what was involved which is always good no matter what your level of knowledge, and all got back to me with a price to do it and a time frame within a 1 hour. Customer Service for all 3 was A+++.

At the end of the it came down to dollars and how quickly they could get me in out of there store without comprimising on quality. Jonlin's went that extra mile and gave me a decent discount on my service that is due in 1500km anyway because i booked in to do both clutch replace and service at the same time. Although Motorcare 4x4 and Fourby's were around $100-$150 more expensive its not much in it and Jonlin's were ready to get it in and out over 2 days to make sure they didn't rush it starting tomorrow morning :o .

Pretty happy with that at such short notice before easter.

Glad you got a positive out come mate.
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby ultimate on Tue, 12 Apr 2011 8:47 +0000

It's good to hear you have it all sorted. Good luck with it and have a good trip over Easter 8-)
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby spruce7 on Mon, 16 May 2011 7:53 +0000

Just to finish off this thread if anyone has read it. Jonlins automotive did a fantastic job on the service and clutch replacement after pulling the old one out we had a look at it when i went to pick up the old girl. we all agreed that replacement before the trip was definately a good idea, some of the screw heads were wearing through and it would only have been a matter of time till i was stuck out bush somewhere probably on the easter weekend.

As for the new cltch it is far softer on the pedal than it predicessor but i am assured it is as tough if not a little dtonger than the original. Can't fault it so far, got me thru the easter trip and considering the amount of tricky hill climbs including a few bogs and slippery slopes we encountered i am even more satisfied that i got the thing replaced before hand. I will be going back to Jonlins when i have my new iuhlux which will be the modern shape as they will b installing my ultimate suspension kit that i purchase (whenever the bank balance allows me). Thanks for all your help who contributed to the thread.
spruce7

Return to Drive Train Components