13 v6 auto trans playing games

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

13 v6 auto trans playing games

Postby Joeslux on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 5:09 +0000

Just wondering if any one else has had this issue with there auto trans, after playing around in the mud and water for a few hrs the trans now is very slow to go into gear (drive) but normal in reverse and when on the highway it's very violent if it kicks down from 5 to 4th almost feels like it comes out of 5 then nothing but free rev then smash into 4th, it has done it before but after a few days it came good like it dried out, but this time after 2weeks parked it hasn't resolved its self like in the past, oils are nice and clean and when I use the obd reader it doesn't have any active codes bar one code in the history for solenoid jammed deleted it and hasn't came back, any one else had these type issues after getting there trans wet, I used the search function but didn't find anything related just lots of temperature issues
Joeslux

Re: 13 v6 auto trans playing games

Postby Qwerty on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 7:03 +0000

I'd suggest you've got water ingress into it somehow. Perhaps a breather.

I wouldnt drive it, go get the fluid inspected, should be a healthy bright clear pink (the 5spd auto, known as the A750, uses toyota WS (world standard) high tech oil that is only changed very rarely) ... its quite hard to inspect the A750 fluid level i believe, but someone here may know more.
Qwerty

Re: 13 v6 auto trans playing games

Postby Joeslux on Fri, 24 Oct 2014 3:07 +0000

I got a look at the oil and its nice and clean no water, def think its electrical as except for kick down and slow to engage it drives fine if it were internal like oil contam would show other faults
Joeslux

Return to Drive Train Components