jolt/shunt kun26r auto when braking

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: jolt/shunt kun26r auto when braking

Postby runningman on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:20 +0000

I dont talk to dealers anymore, they have their own agendas. I Dont buy brand new vehicles because of this and past experiences with warranties.
Would be great to know what they did to stop the clunking
runningman

Postby ricky1 on Sun, 13 Apr 2014 5:17 +0000

l am now deciding whether or not it is the auto trany or the drive shaft, l squeazed out a good amount of grease out of the slip joints, probably 2-3 golf ball size blobs out of each one! and there was air in there aswell.
l then put 3 pumps of grease in each one and it didn't solve the problem, is that not enough grease compared to what l squeazed out earlier?? do l slide the whole joint apart and grease it uo that way?
The bump/thud/jolt does not occur when in neutral coming to a stop, thats is why l am thinking the auto trans needs a service its done 89k thanks
ricky1

Postby taresk on Sat, 09 May 2015 9:09 +0000

ricky1 wrote:l am now deciding whether or not it is the auto trany or the drive shaft, l squeazed out a good amount of grease out of the slip joints, probably 2-3 golf ball size blobs out of each one! and there was air in there aswell.
l then put 3 pumps of grease in each one and it didn't solve the problem, is that not enough grease compared to what l squeazed out earlier?? do l slide the whole joint apart and grease it uo that way?
The bump/thud/jolt does not occur when in neutral coming to a stop, thats is why l am thinking the auto trans needs a service its done 89k thanks

I have been noticing this myself lately, and I think you're right, because it's more noticeable when I have the A/C on, which would mean more revs from the engine into the transmission making the jolt bigger, this wouldn't be the case if it was the driveshaft.
taresk

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components