A/T temp light and Battery light on dash

A/T temp light and Battery light on dash

Postby Beaut on Fri, 13 May 2011 7:11 +0000

Hi, as you can see I am a newbie and proud owner of a 2004 SR5 V6 Dual Cab Petrol Auto.
This is the first time I have seen the above problem and when it first happened I thought alternator so had this checked out when in for a service ( or so I thought) and they said all ok.
Wasn't too concerned at this stage as lights weren't on just a low humming noise when at idle ( before you tell me , yes I know alternator noise but mechanic said fine so didn't question)
Anyway tonight she gives out won't turn over, dash lights on -no one home, RACQ come out tell me it's the battery so replace but lights still on on with new battery.
My issue is I have had alternators go on me before along with starter motors and pumps etc but this is odd as the lights can come on and go off and the noise stops when lights on and starts with lights off, so assumed it was an electrical issue more so than an alternator problem.
Someone also suggested to me that it could be power steering related?????
Anyone have the same problem???? will take it to an auto elec but just want to be sure they are looking at the right thing before they go charging $$$$$ for new alternator, vacuum pump, etc etc... :?
Beaut

Re: A/T temp light and Battery light on dash

Postby bansheebuzz on Sat, 14 May 2011 4:17 +0000

Being an 04 you have the 3.4 v6. The only two things that can turn your alternator light on is a short in the wiring or the alternator. It will most likely be your alternator. How many k's on the ute?
05 SR5 Xtra Cab D4D
Mudgeeraba Auto Electrical
bansheebuzz

Return to Electrical