installing aftermarket stereo and uhf

installing aftermarket stereo and uhf

Postby 22-lux on Sat, 16 Apr 2011 6:06 +0000

hay guys im new too this site

looking too install a pioneer head unit and a uniden uhf into my 2005 hilux sr5 just wondering if i need any mouting or filler shrouds so it all looks neat and if any one has done this mod and could post a photo that would be muchly appreciated

cheers mitch (22-lux)
22-lux

Re: installing aftermarket stereo and uhf

Postby anto.set on Sat, 30 Apr 2011 5:37 +0000

Mitch
Do you mean you want to install the deck and cb in the same space as the original stereo to fill that space? Im about to do mine mate and I think I'll go with the big DVD deck so I don't have to fill half with a compartment shroud it never looks as good... And the cb I want to roof mount in the overhead compartment you can get. I thought about dash mounting it but the cord gets in the way all the time...
What system are you putting in by the way??? I haven't done this yet so no pics sorry

Anthony
anto.set

Re: installing aftermarket stereo and uhf

Postby redboss on Tue, 07 Oct 2014 10:41 +0000

Hi,

Instead of creating a new thread im hoping to get this one going again.

I have a 2005 SR5 Dual Cab Hilux and just bought a 2 DIN pioneer head unit(http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/2 ... /page.html) and was wondering if anybody has upgraded the factory unit with an aftermarket?

I have done this type of upgrade on my falcon but never a hilux. Im pretty sure i will need to cut the factory plugs and rewire to the Pioneer unit and if this is the case, does anybody have a colour wiring diagram for the factory head unit? I am planning to upgrade this weekend.

Thanks,
redboss

Return to Electrical