immobiliser

immobiliser

Postby stevevw on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:26 +0000

hi there to everyone i hope you are all feeling OK.
i recently bought an 86 diesel hilux and i am having issues with the immobilizer. not sure if they are fitted standard. anyway whats happening is when you start the car you put the key in and then you have to put this little device which is a little circuit board encased in plastic with 2 pins sticking out one end into a female slot on dash to make it start. when i say put it in you just put it in and touch the pins onto these matching pins on the dash but it doesn't stay in the dash. they connect the power to dash and ignition. only the battery light is on and then when you turn key with this device in then you get the other lights come on dash like its made a connection, then you can start the car.
normally there is a light flashing on the dash part and when you put the device in it starts to flash faster meaning you have made connection and can start the car. whats happening now is the light on the dash isn't coming on at all, like there is no power to it so i cant start the car. the battery light still comes on but thats as far as i get. i have check the fuses and battery all OK. when i turn the key all i get is the click of the relay or something but because the device hasn't connected the rest of the light and i would say the ignition power it is just dead. so something is not connected or has shorted, have traced the wires and all looks OK. not sure if someone else has had similar problem but this has stumped me. normally if its fuel or spark or starter related i can work it out but am not getting any power to ignition even there is power.
stevevw

Return to Electrical