installing fog lights with existing pre wiring

Re: Not another fog light wiring thread!

Postby Viper82 on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 7:55 +0000

You splice into the pink wire and that wire will have a switch inbetween the pink wire and the relay which i think is 86.
Viper82

Postby gump on Tue, 21 Sep 2010 5:15 +0000

i have an SR and recently i bought a TJM bar with fog lights. To start with i had just hooked them up to the park lights (just grafted off of the lines that feed the park lights that were on my old toyota bull bar) so they where on all the time with the park lights. But i blew a 10 amp fuse the other day i was told that they must have been drawing to much power so it blew and i lost my dash illumination lights and tail lights aswell. I was then told to wire them into my low beam but after doing that on one light that head light is pretty dull now and my spot lights are dicking around like when i first installed them and now the fog light wont light up.

can i just put them back to how they where before and just put like a 15 amp fuse in instead of a 10amp?
gump

Postby VMN on Tue, 21 Sep 2010 5:59 +0000

gump wrote:can i just put them back to how they where before and just put like a 15 amp fuse in instead of a 10amp?

No you have to use a relay. Wire the low current side of the relay to where your lights are now and run a wire through a 20 amp fuse from the battery to your lights via the relay.
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby ktm950adv on Wed, 10 Nov 2010 6:54 +0000

Have read and reread this and other Driving Light posts and am
Completely confused
I have 2009 SR Dual cab
I want to use the already fitted Fog lamp wiring (which I have found ) and have them switched
on via the high beam selection

What do I have to do ??
Thanks for any help
ktm950adv

installing fog lights with existing pre wiring

Postby pablosalvo on Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:02 +0000

I just wanted to post a way to use the already installed wiring for the fog lights in hilux 2005+

the trick is as simple as connecting ground to an specific cable and having the relays and even the indicator on dash working, just installing the lights in the bumper and connect them, of course you have to put the switch in a convenient place for you and that's it

attaching pics taken from an argentinian site called toyoteros.com.ar
I did it in mine just yesterday, mine has the wheel on the left side, you need to remove the cover from below the wheel, it has 3 screws one in each side of the wheel( need to spin it to one side then to the other one)
and there is one below. the connector we are looking is the one of the lights.

the wire marked is the one you must connect to ground with a switch in between ( the one you like)
also if you switch happen to have a light you can "take"+12 from the other green wire in the second row, be careful to test before hand, some switches have bridges in between, as long as you have the switch working, connect to the wire mentioned, may be some more work will have the switch with light

coonect this wire to ground
In this place under the dash in the left side you have a very good place to grab ground

hope you can do it

greetings from Chilean Patagonia
pablosalvo

Re: installing fog lights with existing pre wiring

Postby kyle300exc on Thu, 04 Apr 2013 5:38 +0000

Thanks for your input Pablosalvo, will merge this post with this existing one for reference viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4145&hilit=wiring+fog+light
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby Spicerack on Sun, 18 Aug 2013 7:12 +0000

SR5 2NV wrote:Hi,
I looked at the above link but the pictures are not loading. how would i connect this switch to the loom?

Ive got the exact same wiring configuration, do I plug in the yellow wire and if so, where abouts or do I hav to tap into thw parker wire?
Spicerack

Postby geoff hay on Wed, 14 May 2014 4:58 +0000

I tried finding the fog light switch wire for an sr 2011 kun26 under the stalk I'm not quite sure which one it is.is it possible anybody can tell me this
geoff hay

Postby choturohano on Thu, 24 Jul 2014 5:26 +0000

Any luck Geoff? I'm also unsure.
choturohano

Previous

Return to Electrical