spare connections

spare connections

Postby benwalden on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:05 +0000

hey guys, first post on here after moving from pradopoint to here. still got the prado but just got a new hilux for a work truck.

my new truck is 2009 SR5 double cab 4x4. love it to bits especially being manual over automatic from the prado. just waiting on a set of 17" rims and muds to replace the little 15s that are on it at the mo. will do a proper intro once I've got the new boots and few other tidy up jobs done.

my questions is about wiring in the front of the truck. i have a set of DRLs to install that are self switching so just require 12v in, a earth (battery negative) and wire plugged into the park lights for the switch off the headlights. i was looking at taking the 12v feed of the wiper motors but find the motors behind the first layer of the firewall. what color wire is the 12v ignition wire to the motors??

also while looking for a spot to mount the lights i see a few plugs hanging about the front of the truck near the wires running to the horn. do these plugs do anything???

look forward to any help you guys can give me.

cheers Ben

just noticed this post is the wrong spot. great start to a new forum aye. :oops:
benwalden

Return to Electrical