ctek D250S Duel dcdc charger operating temp.

Re: ctek D250S Duel dcdc charger operating temp.

Postby Wing on Mon, 01 Sep 2014 9:02 +0000

Vylen wrote:
Wing wrote:my ctek D250 dc to dc has been in the same location for three years and it died after a long return Bruce highway trip. I am quite disappointed and think ctek stuff are over rated.
19266022 wrote:Hi Guys Just Put a CTEK dcdc charger in my 2012 hilux. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with high operating temperature under the bonnet. The user manual says it can take up to 50c but how hot does it really get under the bonnet? should i put the temperature sensor on the battery where it says to, or should i just put it as far away from the engine as i can?? haha

thanks guys.

And what location did that happen to be?

It was on the top of the fuse box. I don't think this location will got very hot. Good news is that today I received a replacement one from CTEK Sweden after I had sent the faulty one to them (postage not cheap). They still support their product after expiry of warranty.
Wing

Postby ktm300 on Tue, 02 Sep 2014 4:51 +0000

Wing wrote:my ctek D250 dc to dc has been in the same location for three years and it died after a long return Bruce highway trip. I am quite disappointed and think ctek stuff are over rated.
19266022 wrote:Hi Guys Just Put a CTEK dcdc charger in my 2012 hilux. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with high operating temperature under the bonnet. The user manual says it can take up to 50c but how hot does it really get under the bonnet? should i put the temperature sensor on the battery where it says to, or should i just put it as far away from the engine as i can?? haha

thanks guys.

Iam on my second ctek also as it was located on the fuse box also and after a long road trip last year it died and it was only six months old. It was replaced and i have one in another car of mine but I also agree they are over rated . I have 3 ctek chargers and the work great but the dual battery one is not so good
ktm300

Postby NZMarkb on Wed, 08 May 2019 12:42 +0000

Hi Guys

Where did you pick up your 12v ignition feed from?
If your not prepared to stand behind our Troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NZMarkb on Wed, 08 May 2019 12:53 +0000

Hi Guys

Where did you pick up your 12v ignition feed from?
If your not prepared to stand behind our Troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Electrical