VMN

Re: Recall on ARB Sure Power Battery Isolator

Postby Noidea on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:46 +0000

Lol i was going to start this thread up too :lol:
Noidea

Postby VMN on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:55 +0000

Noidea wrote:Lol i was going to start this thread up too :lol:

Don't do that! Steve'll get upset! and accuse you of Plagerism :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured it should go up on a thread on its own right. Might be worth being a sticky for a while....

Rod
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby Noidea on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:01 +0000

I think so. Im sure some of us have bought one from arb in the last year. Myself included
Noidea

Postby Richard on Mon, 26 Sep 2011 8:30 +0000

One of our local Hiluxes had one of these units installed, bloody thing caught fire, ARB are now going to pay for a engine bay respray!

Richard
Richard

Postby berniecam on Tue, 27 Sep 2011 7:42 +0000

Just may be two cents worth. Sorry to hear at least one did actually catch fire,I thought they were being a bit over dramatic when I first heard about this. I have been running Surepower isolators on my Hiluxes for over twelve years,just rip them out & put them back on each new hilux as I replace them,have done this about four times over that period.Only problem I ever had was about mid 2010 the first unit I had used for about eleven years decided it did not want to link both batteries on start up any more,( I always use the auto link feature for starting).So I replaced it in September last year with another Surepower unit,never had any problem with it till contacted by Surepower & told it was on the recall list. I removed it straight away contacted them & requested that it be replaced with another Surepower unit that is a modified replacement.(Did not want the Redarch type unit at any cost).I have followed this company for thirty years. I put one of their old diode isolators on my first Hilux back in 1982 & used it on three hiluxes, when Toyota changed from external regulators on their alternators,to internal regulators that type of seperator could no longer be used then I started to use their smart solenoid system which is the current unit they are leaders in battery seperators, & I believe they are major suppliers to the U.S. Army. ARB contacted me & replaced my unit free of charge under the recall. I will stick with them for quite some time yet. :D :D :D
berniecam

Return to Electrical