OFFTRAK - '95 LN106 Dual Cab

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

OFFTRAK - '95 LN106 Dual Cab

Postby OFFTRAK on Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:26 +0000

And so the circle revolves once more... After having an '05 Dual Cab awhile back, swapping that for the laziness an auto, V8 Land Cruiser Sahara provides, I've gone back to bare basics and bought a manual, solid axle, leaf sprung, '95 LN106 Dual Cab. What have I done!?
Thought I'd start a write up for me to keep track of things I've done and to look back on in years to come.

For the most part the Lux is already set up how I want, with just a few issues to be fixed and some niceties added.

Issues
Leaking Fuel Injection Pump - Seal Kit Coming
Flogged out Tail Shaft Centre Bearing - Replaced
Vague Steering - Replaced Drag Link
Headlights - Add bigger flame to candle
CB - Need to fit new antenna
Stereo - Replace Head Unit
Pyrometer - Check it works

Niceties
Seats - Replaced with Subaru Liberty RS Turbo Seats
Change out Bus Steering Wheel - Fitted Sports Wheel... Should've kept Bus Wheel *facepalm*
Sound Deadening to lessen noise - TBA
Remove muffler to increase noise - TBA

A few pics from the Facebook sale... It has the cutest little turbo!ImageImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
OFFTRAK

Re: OFFTRAK - '95 LN106 Dual Cab - The Seats

Postby OFFTRAK on Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:57 +0000

The seats that came with the Lux weren't overly appealing, with their cracked vinyl covers and sagging foam, so I was trawling the 'net searching for seats that would bolt in. Apparently late 90s Honda Prelude seats are close, as are R32/R33 Skyline seats, and I discovered early Subaru WRX and Liberty seats were also similar, with 3 of the 4 bolts lining up for the most part. With no luck on my favoured Facebook groups, I hit up Gumtree and found some seats from the car of my teenage wet dreams, the '89 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo. 80 bux for the pair, can't go wrong!

As I had seen on the internets, the front two tabs lined up with only a slight bend required for them to sit correctly. The rear, outside hole lined up, leaving only the odd shaped inside rear. It may bolt to the seat belt buckle, but wanting to keep a near standard look I ended up adding the foot from the old Hilux to the Liberty seat.

Comfort has increased considerably, although the foam is quite firm and maybe a less sporty or newer version Liberty might have plusher seats.
Last edited by OFFTRAK on Thu, 28 Jun 2018 5:59 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
OFFTRAK

Re: OFFTRAK - '95 LN106 Dual Cab

Postby OFFTRAK on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:02 +0000

Just a few pics out and about. ImageImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
OFFTRAK

Return to Member Build Ups