Hugh's DC Hilux - 12v work in progress

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Hugh's DC Hilux - 12v work in progress

Postby Hughmckay123 on Wed, 22 Apr 2015 7:12 +0000

He guys!!

Thought I would finally start up a build thread for my hilux.

I've owned the car for about 2 years now, and absolutely love it. I bought the car bog stock standard (apart from the toyota bar)

I started with an ARB Sahara bar, then it sagged the front so I went with a 2" Ultimate lift. I got comfort leafs in the back and medium duty spring in the front, both coupled with Aussie ryder gas struts. Very happy with the gear.

Next was a UHF, I really liked the concealed mounting of some units so i decided to go with a GME TX3540. I mounted the unit in the passenger kick panel and ran the extension to the center dash switches, also a remote speaker in the drivers footwell.

Amongst that i threw on some TJM bash plates, I'm initially pretty happy with them but they haven't had to much of a work out. I also threw on some TJM steel side steps / sliders. I had to get them painted at my local smash repairer as TJM don't do color coding. Then I went with a TJM airtec snorkel. Everyone is different with their snorkels but in my opinion these just look the cleanest and match up well to the car. While I was spending to much money i picked up a set of IPF 900XS Halogens. they aren't anything crazy but they get the job done.

I've finally got around to doing the dual battery and outlets etc etc.... I searched the forums for hours and couldn't find any trucks with the exact set up I wanted. So I just went out and ordered what I wanted and my mechanic helped me fit it all. I ended up with a redarc SBI12, optima d34 yellow top, a few outlets, led strip lighting, baintech fuse block and baintech voltmeter.Image

Fitted some LED strip lighting in the tub which was wired into a switch, Along side a narva twin 12v socket

Narva twin USB + single socket unit under the rear under the seat.

Left over LED strip ended up under the bonnet with a switch, It should help with getting the compressor connected at night :)

Baintech meter in the glove box, I hate extra lights shining at night so its mounted it hidden, This also doubles as a glove box light.

Other goodies include FM100 fuel filter, Provent catch can
Hughmckay123

Re: Hugh's DC Hilux - 12v work in progress

Postby Fixa4377 on Wed, 22 Apr 2015 8:19 +0000

Great work mate!

I need a voltmeter! These look the goods,,,
Fixa4377

Postby mylux04 on Thu, 23 Apr 2015 4:14 +0000

nice work looks good.
Cheers Tony
mylux04

Postby fracturedranga on Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:35 +0000

nice work mate, hows your underbonnet leds go mounted so low on the bonnet? do you still get plenty of light? ive got a strip sitting in my garage for mine but cant work out where to stick it so it stays put and lights up well. did you just use the double sided tape to hold it up or screws/ zip ties?
cheers
fracturedranga

Postby Hughmckay123 on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 9:00 +0000

fracturedranga wrote:nice work mate, hows your underbonnet leds go mounted so low on the bonnet? do you still get plenty of light? ive got a strip sitting in my garage for mine but cant work out where to stick it so it stays put and lights up well. did you just use the double sided tape to hold it up or screws/ zip ties?
cheers

I got some strip lighting off ebay. It does have adhesive backing. It doesn't really like to go around corners. If it falls off ill just re glue it. It's bright enough I think. There isn't many flat surfaces up the front.
Hughmckay123

Postby packeteer on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 9:52 +0000

the glue on those strips is pretty average BUT more importantly it is the only thing preventing it from shorting out
2011 Dual Cab SR5 D4D manual.
build thread
shed page
packeteer

Postby incman on Fri, 13 Nov 2015 3:52 +0000

Nice setup, pretty much exactly what I am planning on doing at the moment.

Just a question, that 12 volt outlets that you have cut into the tub liner, how much room is between the tub liner and tub?

Thanks
Ivan
incman

Return to Member Build Ups