Lloyds 99X95 build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Lloyds 99X95 build

Postby Lloyds99lux on Sun, 09 Nov 2014 5:36 +0000

time to start a build.

started with a 99 duel cab tray bought it of another new hilux member when i got it it had
31" cooper st on sunnies
2 inch lift
tjm bull bar
arb rear step
safari snorkel
took it out lots and was great for camping

maddens plains
Imagewas a pretty
Helensburgh dam
Abercrombie NP,Lithgo
clean lux just needed a few minor things new tail shaft, bigger breaks etc, got them fixed straight away.
installed a e-locker in the rear after the diff needed rebuilding, bought a light bar for the roof and got a winch from aldi which never made it into the car.
about a week after the locker install i had a crash and the lux was gone bent shassie bent body but the engine wasn't touched luckily.
so looked around at options and went and bought one with a broken engine
its a 95 single cab
ImageImage
this one came with a few extras that i didn't have before like the hunting spot light rock sliders and uhf, been working on it swapping everything thing that want to from my old car to new car.
i think that it might have been sitting in water or never been cleaned since it was made as the shassie is full of dirt and theres about 2cm of red dirt on top and under the remaining floor vinyl, along with red dirt iv found what was once a dead mouse, wasp nests, and plenty of bullets live rounds and cases.
Lloyds99lux

Re: Lloyds 99X95 build

Postby Lloyds99lux on Tue, 09 Jun 2015 10:09 +0000

haven't posted in a while but have done lots of mods to my car since,
after finishing the engine swap i installed a snorkel, made a roof console out of fiber glass, new bull bar with winch finally installed, cleaned up the mess of old wires, new light bar, and some other little things like fold down uhf antenna, folding numberplate, cup holder.

ImageImage

we are doing a desert trip in a few weeks and was looking at different options for keeping the red dust of mu stuff and dry if it was wet, i found this canopy and it was just what i was looking for so i got it cleaned it up put a floor on it came up with a few different designs for the inside and then mapped it out and built it, i then added led strip lights and a custom jerry can and gas bottle holder on the back
ImageImageImageImage
Lloyds99lux

Re: Lloyds 99X95 build

Postby Lloyds99lux on Tue, 09 Jun 2015 10:10 +0000

sorry for the small pic i tried making them big but having trouble
Lloyds99lux

Return to Member Build Ups