2008 SR D4D Dual Cab

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

2008 SR D4D Dual Cab

Postby timm on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 2:23 +0000

Hi Guys, not really much of a build up but just things I've been working on over the past month or so since I bought her.

Arrival day:

Got a Tigerz11 Bull Bar, mate gave me a Warn Magnum 9K Winch he had ling around, and grabbed some angel eye headlights:

Had some trouble fitting the fairlead, had to grind away at the bar to get it in, if you're fitting one of these, step one is to throw away the instructions,,, useless. Had to get a few bolts because the ones they supplied had the wrong pitch also:

Tub fitted no problem:

Looks way higher with the wheel arches than when it had a tray on:

Saw someone on here I think who painted their bash plate red, liked it so did it myself, thanks whomever that was.

Gotta get some flares for the front now, probably from Utemart, but $200 for two bits of plastic is going to be hard to get passed the minister of finance and war.

Also the tyres look really skinny, but they are Coopers and have a lot of tread left so that'll have to wait I think. Might also try and lift the front a bit to get a bit more of a balance with the back.

cheers
Tim
timm

Re: 2008 SR D4D Dual Cab

Postby Richiesupercharged on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 2:58 +0000

How are you finding the tigerz11 bullbar?
Richiesupercharged

Postby rysermon on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 3:22 +0000

mate i think you might find it has either lifted springs in the rear or HD springs and now it hasnt got any weight on it theyve shot up... cause thats pretty high for factory rear end lol

but looks good mate :)
"Lifes Simple, You make choices and you dont look back"
08 (09facelift) Hilux SR D4D - Daily and adventure vehicle
99 Silvia S15 Spec r - Sunday driver
rysermon

Postby timm on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 4:36 +0000

Hi guys, no problem with the tigerz11 bar, instructions were pretty crap and the bolts weren't correct thread and didn't fit my fairlead, also I think the eyelids are too big, covers the lights too much but other than that I think it's great. Welds seem to be fine (I'm not much of a welder but father in law is and he said they looked ok). It was $369 so can't really complain.

Definitely not factory suspension, it's had an upgrade
To EFS suspension from the previous owner (caltex energy). ;)
timm

Return to Member Build Ups