Geoff's Under Floor Camper

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Geoff's Under Floor Camper

Postby Bushbound on Sun, 02 Sep 2012 2:38 +0000

I have built an underfloor camper to fit in the tray of my 05 Xtra Cab. Its been tested in all weather and conditions from howling gales in Tasmanian Highlands to blistering hot days in the desert. After 4 major trips I've just made a few mods to the set up ready for a crossing of the Anne Beadell Highway.
The base frame is made from 20mm RHS and 20 x 3 angle.

The kitchen carcuss is made from 18mm ply wood and is a bit heavy but is strong enough to allow it to be opened and use the stove without any extra support. When fully extended it requires a set of legs that slip into the underside.

The draws are on good quality self closing slides and are better than my kitchen at home.
The kitchen has cuttlery draw with slide out bench under it, the bench covers the slip in leg bases and is handy when cooking.

Full size 2 burner gas stove

and a pantry draw.

2 other draws for food, crockery and general kitchen stuff.

The plywood top is the queen size bed base. For long distance travelling I use a row of milk crates up each side and this leaves enough room for my single swag in the middle.

The whole unit goes onto the ute and the canopy frame and canvas canopy cover it.
I cant get next lot of photo's to up load - shit. Will have to continue this later.

Geoff
Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people.
Bushbound

Re: Geoff's Under Floor Camper

Postby Loosey on Sun, 02 Sep 2012 3:18 +0000

Looks great mate!

Top stuff
Aaron

Introductory Thread | My Shed | My Build
2007 Silver SR5 D/C D4D Upgrade
Loosey

Return to Member Build Ups