jimbobs 03 sr5 hilux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

jimbobs 03 sr5 hilux

Postby Jimbob22 on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 8:42 +0000

hey all been scsnning through looking at heeps of other build ups so ive decided to start my own.
i brought the hilux about a month and a half ago its a 03 sr5,this is it when i brought it.all its come with is an arb bull bar.
i have a fair few things i want to do to this car just going to take me a while to fund it..
the plan for this car is to just be a weekender as i do a fair bit of camping/ motorbike riding and shooting

[imgImage][/img]

i have since brought:
arb side bars/steps have to wait 6-8 weeks to come
safari snorkel
uhf radio
31" maxxis bighorns
ive only got the tyres on at the moment because the snorkel radio an bars are all going on at the same time.

this is what she looks like now

Jimbob22

Re: jimbobs 03 sr5 hilux

Postby Jimbob22 on Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:35 +0000

have done abit of work to the hilux in the last month or so
the snorkle, uhf and sidebars are on
[imgImage[/img]

i brought a tigerz11 grande winch havent used it yet but heading out this weekend so will give it a try.
i had to pull it apart and move the engage handle as close to 90 degrees as i could get it so it was facing up,
i also pulled the solenoid box apart and did my best to make it water proof cause tigerz way of waterproofing it was shocking
[img]img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r521/jimbob224/photo1-1.jpg[/img]][/img]

i also decided to pull all my carpet out and replace with vynel
pretty happy with how it turned out and wasnt a hard job at all

Jimbob22

Re: jimbobs 03 sr5 hilux

Postby Jimbob22 on Mon, 20 Aug 2012 1:22 +0000

went out for a 4wd on sunday heres some pics.

just pulling out a nissan

for the first time out 4wding in it was pretty happy.
thinking about going down the road of 33s and everything that needs to be done for them to fit but dont really have much info.. that extra 50mm diff clearance would help alot at the moment its to low and kept bellying it self on not very deep ruts.
Jimbob22

Return to Member Build Ups