New Hilux

New Hilux

Postby BernieM on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 3:58 +0000

Hi everyone, I've only just joined the Hilux community as I am about to purchase the latest 2010 SR5 Dual Cab, Diesel, Auto. I have seen adds on TV saying that if you purchase now you get $3,800 of extras including Rear Camera, Chrome Grill and the cheaper GPS unit. They don't know anything about it at the local dealer and there nothing on the Toyota Web site in regards to these extras. Do you think it's an old advertisement or a new one which isn't supposed to be released yet. Also other than Tow bar and bull bar is there any other extras that you would recommend that I get fitted by the dealer? Thanks in advance, BernieM
BernieM

Re: New Hilux

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 7:05 +0000

Welcome to the site mate!

With the bullbar choice just remember there are a few options other then just the toyota one, arb is a popular option, also tjm, ironman and others. I have not seen or heard anything about the adverts your talking about but it sounds good so Id look into it. As for other extras you might like have a look through some sheds on here and see if there is anything your interested in. Maybe window tint?

Mitch
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Re: New Hilux

Postby seb on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:29 +0000

welcome mate.
i wouldnt be getting the stock bullbar
but as mitch said aftermarket ones are great.
arb sahara bar is nice

hard lid? if you arnt thinking of getting a canopy
tub liner is well worth it

cant think of anything else you would need

good luck

seb
Cheers Seb.
seb

New Hilux

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 3:35 +0000

Hey Bernie

Welcome to the site

If I were you I'd give the Toyota bar a miss there are alot better looking aftermarket ones you can get imho

Cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Return to Introductions