Gday

Gday

Postby TeRD on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:30 +0000

Hi, my name is ben and i'm an alcoholic.
I just bought a new sr5 xtra cab with manual and v6. Joined this forum to hopefully find some advice on suspension lifts and tire selection as everywhere I ask has a different opinion on what can and can't be done with 265/70 being the popular choice, which just won't cut it, as i am after a set up that can support 33'/12.5".
So far I've added an over head center consol with uhf, TJM snorkel, spray on tub liner, lockable tonnue cover, ARB deluxe winch bar, side steps and rear step towbar. Future plans include, long range fuel tank, trd supercharger, extractors and exhaust, prado brakes, winch, underbody bash plates, front air diff lock, rigid industries led light bars, dual battery and power in tub and of course a suspension lift (possible body lift as well) with air bags and larger tires.
These will be added over time as i'm no millionare but first and foremost I am looking at the lights, lift and air bags and tires. My last 4x4 was a 91 hilux style side single cab with 5" lift and 33/12.5 (think) 3.8v6, spotties, UHF, long range tank, exhaust, bucket seats, winch (which stayed in the box) front and rear air lockers, ARB winch bar, side rails and rear step bar. This buggy was alot of fun for just hooning around as well as going around standard patrols and cruisers and am hoping to accomplish the same feat with this lux.
From what i've seen so far from some pics on this forum there are a few out there that have already accomplished what i wish to do. Good stuff.
Cheers
Last edited by TeRD on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 2:39 +0000, edited 3 times in total.
TeRD

Re: Gday

Postby MADDOG on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:39 +0000

Welcome Ben. Sounds like you have a nicely planned rig. There's plenty of info hear mate. Keep us updated on your progress. Read away.......it's thirsty work. ;)
MADDOG

Re: Gday

Postby seb on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:49 +0000

Sad to see no pictures in the shed yet mate :(
Excited to see you fit a super charger to the lux but.

No shortage of the information you're looking for.
Make sure you throw some photos of your old lux up too!

Cheers mate
seb
Cheers Seb.
seb

Gday

Postby KTM525EXC on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 1:27 +0000

Hey Ben

Welcome to new Hilux.

By the sounds of it your lux is gonna get the royal treatment :)

Cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Return to Introductions