Hey all

Hey all

Postby Oz Bruiser on Sun, 26 Sep 2010 6:38 +0000

Hey guys i never formally introduced my self in this forum as such and just started posting. Sorry bout that.

Im Ben from the Penrith are ain Western Sydney.

About 10 years ago i had a heavilly moddified lux but unfortunatly it was written off in an accident on the freeway on the way from work.

It was a 92 duel cab Turbo Diesel manual, 2" ome suspension lift with adjustable Rancho 900 shockies and 2" body lift, long ranger tank, arb winch bar, arb brush bars with integrated steps, arb rear step bar, roof console, front and rear arb air lockers, and 33' yokohama geolander muddies and had just about had the whole thing rebuilt mechanically, and owed me over 40k. When was written off it had been waiting at the time to get the bar work lifted and then insured for its actual value, but when the acco occoured it was only insured for its age value, got a measly payout based on its age and high kms showing on speedy(althgough since full engine rebuild only had about 40k on it).

After the anger heartache at loosing it i couldnt do the 4wd thing for a while and concentrated on my morgage, women work etc.

As of recently have bee asking questions about a new 2010 T/D duel cab Auto. I am now the oner of this new rig.

I dont plan on taking it to the extremes i took the old girl with as the old girl was very capable and in some instances more capable than me. ie i wasnt comfortable doing some obstacles the truck was capable of doing. Was my daily driver and didnt want to wreck it or would have ment not getting to work on the Monday. over time my new rig will get mods. Tomorrrow is getting BFG At's in 31x10.5x15's on factory alloys.

Plans are to either lift 2" or 3 " and either 32" or 33" muddies for offroad use and the 31's for street use and occasional outings etc. Snorkel, and ARB Deluxe winch bar.

Look forward to learning more in here and getting out into some adventures in the new lux with my wife and son.

Ben.
Oz Bruiser

Re: Hey all

Postby KTM525EXC on Sun, 26 Sep 2010 6:43 +0000

hey Ben

welcome m8 sorry to hear about the old girl seems like she was a well set up truck, i like the plans for the new truck. sounds sweet 8-)

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Hey all

Postby Skog07 on Sun, 26 Sep 2010 6:59 +0000

Hi Ben.
Welcome to the forum.
Have fun modifing it mate.
Cheers
Mark