new lux 4x4 cab ute SA

new lux 4x4 cab ute SA

Postby rexysa on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 6:54 +0000

gday guys purchased a 2010 4x4 hilux cab chassis with steel tray for work/play vehicle. Picking it up next week. Cant wait to start modding it. Great forum also!
rexysa

Re: new lux 4x4 cab ute SA

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 6:57 +0000

Welcome to the site rexysa..

you'll find plenty of ways of spending your hard earned money on here ! ;)

enjoy the smell of the new lux.. its such a distant memory now........

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:32 +0000

Steve9R wrote:Welcome to the site rexysa..

you'll find plenty of ways of spending your hard earned money on here ! ;)

enjoy the smell of the new lux.. its such a distant memory now........

Steve

welcome rexysa
we all hope you enjoy the site and the characters to go along with it lol

steve funny you say that if i dont drive my car for a week and it stays closed when i drive it again i still get a big woft of new car smell thats after nearly 2 years lol

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Shaker on Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:45 +0000

Welcome on board Rexysa. Congratulations. For some of the guys here, it's like a newborn, brings lots of joy initially, then the maintenance kicks in and they become a pita financially. Enjoy your new toy :-)

Steve9R wrote:enjoy the smell of the new lux.. its such a distant memory now........Steve

Don't let Steve too close to your upholstery, he'll scrape the new car smell off the seats while your back is turned :lol:

Buy some >new car smell!< click this for a scent other than yesterday's dinner.

Have your wheels smelling like new forever. Just ignore the carcinogenic warning on the label fine print.

Here's what they say: Why smell new? truth be told the smell of new is nice but if you prefer the smell of moth-balls, mildew, farts, ketchup baked into your carpet, animal urine, body odor, and yes our personal favorite wet dog smell, this product is not for you.

:o they said the F word!

You could even use this on yourself and everyone will think you just bought a brand new car! They say it can be used in strip clubs as well, so you get to work smelling like a brothel :?

Steve9R wrote:You'll find plenty of ways of spending your hard earned money on here ! ;)

You can blame Steve and his bright ideas and suggestions when your eventually broke.., "It was him (pointing the finger), he made me do it!" :lol:
Shaker

Postby Tex on Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:11 +0000

Rexysa, I believe i've seen your video of some awsome Tritons :!: Next trip Border Track if your keen.

Cheers
Tex
Tex

Postby WETDREAM on Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:38 +0000

Welcome mate
WETDREAM

Postby rexysa on Fri, 09 Jul 2010 3:16 +0000

cheers for the welcome guys.
hope the new car smell hangs around for a bit. Just hope it doesnt turn it to a mess like my old work bus.

Hey tex , certainly are my videos of the beasts haha Enjoyed the trip with the triton boys, was great weekend. i thought boycee would be dark on me for buying a hilux haha
tex border track is bday weekend so ill have to give that a miss. next one hopefully..
rexysa

Postby Steve9R on Sat, 10 Jul 2010 1:38 +0000

Shaker wrote:You can blame Steve and his bright ideas and suggestions when your eventually broke.., "It was him (pointing the finger), he made me do it!" :lol:

Now now... :lol: :lol: you love it :)

Youve already got a pile of mods on the floor and no lux right !? :lol: :lol:

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Shaker on Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:51 +0000

Steve9R wrote:
Shaker wrote:Youve already got a pile of mods on the floor and no lux right !? :lol: :lol:

Yes :cry: Sounds odd, but at least when it gets here, I don't have to do all the running around buying stuff impulsively because I did my homework well before it gets here. And a few days later, it rolls back onto the road looking and functioning well for the future.

Now that I have almost reached my final goal and funds tightening, I'd still like to think someone was to blame. I can't point the finger at myself. Maybe it was newhilux.net :twisted: :D It's been my dream for a while anyway... ;)

It's due in on the 27th and getting modded before and after I get my hands on it.

So what do you think Rexysa, do you think this site could corrupt anyone's wallet or do you think it is of their own device?
Shaker

Postby rexysa on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 3:47 +0000

Shaker i think others from the site corrupt the wallet .Looking through hundreds of pics you start getting ideas and reading write ups. Their is no need to make the rest of jealous and make us spend money to catch up!

I havnt picked the car up yet and ive got a million ideas already!
rexysa

Postby Shaker on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 4:18 +0000

rexysa wrote:Shaker i think others from the site corrupt the wallet .Looking through hundreds of pics you start getting ideas and reading write ups. Their is no need to make the rest of jealous and make us spend money to catch up!

I havnt picked the car up yet and ive got a million ideas already!

That's exactly what I'm on about. Maybe time to quit while your ahead :lol: Not that your ahead yet, but still, now is the time! Their laughing at me I can feel it. "Haha, Shaker is modded and has no truck to mod." I'm amused either way :D

But seriously, don't feel you have to keep up with them. Just the fact you'll enjoy what you have, even if it were stock standard. It depends on what you want to do with it. Lifting suspension even a couple of inches is one of the first things you should consider as it makes the world of difference and maybe even save your undercarriage and drive-train from any unforeseeable blows due to a low slung Lux. If you don't want to throw too much at it, get cheap mods like Avenger non winch bull bar to give you better approach angle and a UHF so you can chat in any convoys you may join with these guys. I don't think they would discriminate you for what you have, rather be happy for you that you have at least something and at the end of the day, it's all good and heaps fun.

Stick around and enjoy. Watch the upcoming trips and events and join in! the more the merrier.

Shaker.
Shaker

Postby rexysa on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 6:02 +0000

Shaker im already chasing some sr5 rims for the new car hahaha Got some maxxis mudders to go on from my current car. So if any SA members have some let me know :) After that uhf and compressor i think.
rexysa

Postby boycee on Wed, 14 Jul 2010 2:54 +0000

I am just not talking to you. :lol:

Well done mate, give me a buzz when you get it and we'll have a beer and discuss how to get it up to the standard of the triton. ;) :lol: then we will go and get it dirty. :x
Build it to use it!!!!!
boycee

Return to Introductions