Gidday from South Burnett Q'ld

Gidday from South Burnett Q'ld

Postby Shaker on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:35 +0000

Hi all. I should have introduced myself first, but have been so wrapped up in the threads here I skipped the formality and plunged right in. I was going to have a new Hilux SR5 manual 4x4 earlier, but things did not go as planned and now I have to wait till the end of July to get the colour I want as there are none in stock. I have most of the new mods are sitting at home waiting to be fitted and picking up alloys and tyres in a few days. In other words, I'll be modded up almost fully by the time it arrives home. Can't wait, it's like playing with expensive Lego :D In the short time I've been in here, I've tried to share what I know and gained some knowledge as well, but it's not the only forum etc I read. I'm a logical deep thinker and like to apply myself almost obsessively, which is an attitude that has proven to work for me many times. I'm an S.E.S. member and 4x4 is something we use as well. The rest of the training I do is of benefit in traveling etc. Also going into Haul Truck training and hopefully eventually be rolling wheels that would made my new Hilux feel like nothing more than a speed bump if I were to run over it.

I've had some misfortunes in the past and now it's time for adventure and hard work. Look forward to meeting you all one day and participating in what you people do as a hobby and leisure. I'll be well equipped and knowledgeable and better still, have no need to be in an expensive 4wd club because the fun is here as well.

With much appreciation for all your time and efforts and allowing me to be a part of the community here.

Cheers,

Shaker

Edit: Just found out from Avenger that I missed the last shipment and now my canopy won't be available till the end of August. I also find out that the poly well tray insert can't be sourced from down south due to the freight be x2 the value of the unit itself! So looking for local products. Everything else is done :(
Last edited by Shaker on Sun, 20 Jun 2010 6:02 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Shaker

Re: Gidday from South Burnett Q'ld

Postby jamiecracker on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 8:20 +0000

welcome aboard mate
jamiecracker

Postby xrdave on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 9:06 +0000

Welcome Shaker to the worlds greatest hilux forum. :D

PS. Where in the South Burnett are you?

Dave.
"Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?”
xrdave

Postby Shaker on Sun, 20 Jun 2010 5:57 +0000

Thanks guys :)

xrdave wrote:PS. Where in the South Burnett are you?

PM sent Dave. I've seen all your videos and pics Dave, nice work. Your not as active on other forums etc as Rodw, but your out there. I was originally from Deception Bay in my younger days, moved to the southside of Brisbane, lived and worked all around there, then moved to Bribie Island, then out to the country. It took a bit of getting used to as well as learning the lingo of the local yocals, but living out here is so much cheaper than suburban areas and it's growing out here at a steady rate as others escape the high rates and cost of living. Great place to invest if you can get work is the downfall. Plenty of places to ride your bike too Dave :P We had frost this morning and a couple of years ago, it snowed a bit on Bunya Mountains to give you an idea how cold it gets. I see there is a group heading to Land Cruiser Park soon from this forum. Their going to literally freeze hahaha.

Thanks for the welcome, will be nice to meet you all one day. I'm sure you have read some of my posts, don't mean to come off sounding arrogant or anything in them, just sharing my knowledge and picking people's brains and everyone has their own opinions I suppose ;) Love having a dig and a laugh and type too much :roll:
Shaker

Postby Tradewind on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 7:27 +0000

I am from the Sth Burnett originally, feeling a bit frosty there of late? The cold didn't bother me but time and chance saw me move North.

Good place to buy a house at right price if the area fits your needs!
Hilux V6 4.0 - 2006 with Supercharger. 256rwkw/320kw engine - 575Nm Torque
Tradewind

Postby Steve9R on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 8:18 +0000

Its a bit strange saying Welcome now considering the interaction we've all had with you on different threads..

But Welcome, and keep up the quality posts.. that after all is why we're all here !

Cheers
Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Shaker on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:36 +0000

Tradewind wrote:I am from the Sth Burnett originally, feeling a bit frosty there of late? The cold didn't bother me but time and chance saw me move North.

Good place to buy a house at right price if the area fits your needs!

Hey Tradewind,

Brrr..rrr It's freezing. Frost every morning. I was in the Christmas in July thread on upcoming trips. There are frosty photos posted in there. As you know Tradewind, the ice forms a thick hard layer of rock solid frost all over your car. Last year, I couldn't scrap it down to the glass window it was that hard. Those guys are going to freeze their anti-freeze at Land Cruiser park. I have a fire place and big oil heater, she's apples :P

Steve9R wrote:Its a bit strange saying Welcome now considering the interaction we've all had with you on different threads..

But Welcome, and keep up the quality posts.. that after all is why we're all here !

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve9R, mate I like your posts and ideas, their very inspiring and good reading too. I hope my puns are not over the top. I will more than likely meet you one day. I'm quieter than I appear in my posts, but thats cas I'm a thinker before I do'er ;)

Hey...I bought the first dud ARB fridge last week. Plugged it in and it seemed to have no gas in it as it had barely noticeable cool spots @ 9deg c. Took it back to another store closest to me and they swapped it over no problems. Cost me a fair bit in fuel though.
Shaker

Return to Introductions