Bit of a Intro

Re: Bit of a Intro

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 6:49 +0000

i thought the the 3 inch suspension was pushing leagalities here in QLD, and combined with the blocks are you sure about being close to 100% legal? cause if you are, blocks here i come haha
Marshwa

Postby Twisty on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:20 +0000

Yeah, the way I've always know it is, 2" suspension, 2" bodylift, is legal. Doubt most cops or dot would notice the extra inch of suspension but.
Twisty

Postby rodw on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:08 +0000

Twisty wrote:Yeah, the way I've always know it is, 2" suspension, 2" bodylift, is legal. Doubt most cops or dot would notice the extra inch of suspension but.

Quite true mate, in any case the regs are not based on suspension lift, but on travel (which usually works out to be 2").

Twisty, I had my rig down to Brooksy this morning to check slider measurements and I gave him a few heads ups on the BL you are planning, brake lines, radiator drop brackets etc. As well as t/case armour and body mount chops. Not sure you if you will do the BL yourself, but I got to tell you, he is waiting for you to book in for a few adjustments. When you get to the rear bumber and the chopped tub, let me know, might be a good time for another group buy. Hope your missus approves of this one. Just remind her that youcan pick up a new tub for about $300 form time to time :D

Mmaaxx, we are waiting on you to post that pic of the Tacoma rear and no we don't want to see any silly tube bars mate! :lol:
rodw

Postby Twisty on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:25 +0000

WOOOHOOO! Camry was on carsales.com.au for less than 24 hours and is now sold! Guy from cairns pretty much rang up and said he'll take it. Got $4k more then what toyota said they'll trade it for....$2k of that will go straight to Ryano for Tyres and Wheels :D Back to having using the 40 for a daily driver again. Better sort some garden edge flares for it.

Going to miss the camry but...awesome car.

Twisty

Postby Twisty on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:30 +0000

rodw wrote:
Twisty wrote:Yeah, the way I've always know it is, 2" suspension, 2" bodylift, is legal. Doubt most cops or dot would notice the extra inch of suspension but.

Quite true mate, in any case the regs are not based on suspension lift, but on travel (which usually works out to be 2").

Twisty, I had my rig down to Brooksy this morning to check slider measurements and I gave him a few heads ups on the BL you are planning, brake lines, radiator drop brackets etc. As well as t/case armour and body mount chops. Not sure you if you will do the BL yourself, but I got to tell you, he is waiting for you to book in for a few adjustments. When you get to the rear bumber and the chopped tub, let me know, might be a good time for another group buy. Hope your missus approves of this one. Just remind her that youcan pick up a new tub for about $300 form time to time :D

Mmaaxx, we are waiting on you to post that pic of the Tacoma rear and no we don't want to see any silly tube bars mate! :lol:

Yeah, meant to write back to your email....forgot sorry mate.

Am catching up with Brooksy this arve up here for a bbq and brews, so will no doubt be discussing some of the planned mods....Maybe getting brooksy to design the rear bar with the chopped sills will be the go, then I'll draw it up to it can be lasercut and pressed so he can do a group buy for cheaper $$$ and less work for him. Will see....I'll have two tubs anyway, so will just leave the SR one on for a bit and hack up the SR5 one to suit that taco rear bar.

And yeah, plan to do the bodylift myself....done plenty before so should be a piece of cake :twisted:
Last edited by Twisty on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:59 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Twisty

Postby rodw on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:55 +0000

Left him a photo from max of the Taco raar bar. Sounds like it will be a good barby tonight mate. You are using the spare tub as an icebox for the beer this arvy right? :?: :?: :?:

Oh and glad you sold the camry. we would not be following you far if you were driving that! :lol: :lol:
rodw

Postby Hilux Max on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 2:55 +0000

heres that taco rear bar....damn impressive it is.....im hanging to cut me quarters but dont know of anyone down here that can make sumtin as good as that-

Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby rodw on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 3:34 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:heres that taco rear bar....damn impressive it is.....im hanging to cut me quarters but dont know of anyone down here that can make sumtin as good as that-

Nah, but Twisty and I do ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by rodw on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:52 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
rodw

Postby Hilux Max on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:33 +0000

rodw wrote:Nah, but Twisty and I do ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah yeah, rub it in..... :cry:

Might just mean I have to come for a drive up there to get it fitted :P be a good excuse for some time off work :lol:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Previous

Return to Introductions