Look who's back!

Look who's back!

Postby Dave on Sat, 07 Jan 2023 8:05 +0000

Back again...

How are you all doing? I have been around, just not actively posting as much due to so many crazy commitments these days.

So the background, I sadly sold my 2006 SR5 Dualcab a few years ago now, I changed across into a few other vehicles since then, but just recently I had picked up a really clean N80 SR5 Dualcab 2.8 auto, very impressed but damn it is rigid!

I started these forums back in mid 2006 just over 16 years ago now, that's crazy! but always kept this one and my other forums running and maintained, mostly thanks to very few sponsors who remain, a few platinum subscribers, our great moderators and YOU, the members, thank you so much.

This was my original Hilux when I first started the forums and my current one:

I did start off with a 1982 SR5 Dualcab Hilux with the trusty 2.4 Diesel, way back in the early 2000's it was a brilliant ute, so I'm quite happy to get back into one.

Anyway, lets see what modifications happens to this one over time, I don't want to go overboard though, so will be keeping it simple for now.

Take it easy!

Cheers, Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Look who's back!

Postby hylux on Sun, 08 Jan 2023 7:42 +0000

Hi Dave,
Welcome back to the action. Was going to update my 2010 SR5 recently for one of those new Rouges but toyota had none to show me. Could pay deposite and wait for unkown period for delivery. Not for me, so spent $7k on midlife maintence stuff on my current so its going to have to last me another 10 years (maybe )
I love hybrid cars - means more fuel for me
hylux

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 08 Jan 2023 2:34 +0000

Good choice hylux, at least you know what you have got and there's plenty of miles left in the old one, especially now you have fixed any issues. Good for the environment too... No need to finance lots of $$$s building a new one.
BTW can you tell us what you spent the $7k on and how many K's on the old girl? $7k is NOT $70k :lol:
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Steve9R on Sun, 08 Jan 2023 3:00 +0000

Dave!.. Look who else is here !.. me..

I too havent been on here in years..

My Lux was sold many years ago in favour of a Toyota Tundra, (ive had 2 of them now, and have a new 2023 on order at the moment) I also have a highly modified 2001 Nissan Patrol running a HSV 6.0lt plus heaps of other stuff of course..

Cheers!
Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby hylux on Sun, 08 Jan 2023 5:39 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Good choice hylux, at least you know what you have got and there's plenty of miles left in the old one, especially now you have fixed any issues. Good for the environment too... No need to finance lots of $$$s building a new one.
BTW can you tell us what you spent the $7k on and how many K's on the old girl? $7k is NOT $70k :lol:

Its done 200k still ran great but synchro on second was playing up so had all the synchro,s replaced plus full bearing kit ect. While they were at it replaced original clutch with HD one. Replaced injectors and had major 200k service with some extras i wanted done. Only thing left is replacing the brakes, its only had front pads replaced.
I love hybrid cars - means more fuel for me
hylux

Postby Dave on Sun, 08 Jan 2023 9:33 +0000

hylux wrote:Hi Dave,
Welcome back to the action. Was going to update my 2010 SR5 recently for one of those new Rouges but toyota had none to show me. Could pay deposite and wait for unkown period for delivery. Not for me, so spent $7k on midlife maintence stuff on my current so its going to have to last me another 10 years (maybe )

Thanks mate, great to hear from you, not much wrong with the earlier ones, I kinda wish I had of kept my 2006 to be honest, was an awesome tourer just no good at towing heavy vans so went to a 2006 HDJ100R 1HDFTE Auto at the time for a while. Don't blame you, I wouldn't dare sign up for a brand new one with the long waits at the moment. I'm sure it'll last another 10 years easily.

Steve9R wrote:Dave!.. Look who else is here !.. me..

I too havent been on here in years..

My Lux was sold many years ago in favour of a Toyota Tundra, (ive had 2 of them now, and have a new 2023 on order at the moment) I also have a highly modified 2001 Nissan Patrol running a HSV 6.0lt plus heaps of other stuff of course..

Cheers!
Steve

Oh Gday Steve, great to hear from you too, I was looking over them but too big to fit into my garage haha nice utes though, oh and the Patrol, awesome, I like the sound of that, knowing the sort of terrain you have over there which you lads showed me years ago, explains why you've got that, very nice!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Introductions