Finally I have a HiLux!

Finally I have a HiLux!

Postby Minterconcepts on Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:08 +0000

Hello and Hi from Wellington, NZ.

I have recently bought myself a 2009 Hilux for a bargain price. It's a RWD double cab D4D. It has pretty high KMs but runs pretty well, I've known the previous owner for a while and he has looked after his fleet with regular services and maintenance. The truck is pretty solid, no issues there.

I've joined this forum so I can keep this truck running for as long as possible and because there are a few things I'd like to do it.

To start with....

I'll be tackling the rear seat fold down mod with associated back of seat netting this week.
(viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3578)

Then I'd like to swap out the J deck tailgate for one off an A deck and add central locking.
(viewtopic.php?t=18544)
(viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2717)

.... and then who knows? I hope to find inspiration here somewhere. No doubt in abundance. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Having not used this style of forum before I am unsure of some of the usage conventions. For example with the tailgate swap I have a question regarding the clips. So do I start a new topic and link to what I referring too, or post a reply asking my question to the established thread?

Anyway enough of that for now, just dropping in to say Hey and this is where I'm at and what I'm up too.
Cheers!
Bear
Minterconcepts

Return to Introductions