Gday from Fiji!

Gday from Fiji!

Postby tropicalux on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 7:25 +0000

Hi there
Newbie from the Fiji Islands and wanted to introduce myself and my pride and joy.Ive decided to live off instant noodles and throw all my earnings on the lux and see where that goes!! So far so good haha
Hope to learn from all the experience and knowledge on here and take in any advice you all have for me (thank you in advance!)

2014 3.0 SR5 (Our spec) manual had it since new. Just put in an EVC throttle controller PHEW man it makes a difference already
I ordered a PPD performance 3 inch full system (no cat no res) should be here next week. Dont really have too much drama with cops so should be fine hopefully.
Have also got an EGR off module from chiptuning on the way. Any feedback on this would be great! Having said that i reached out to one member that i came across on reading some older threads about this module and he said he had no dramas with it so thanks mate if your reading this !
i wish i joined 3 years ago i wouldve gotten the 7mm blank plate but i thought for now ill turn it off with the module and look at a plate/full clean later if the need arises. I need to see if the local toyota shop or couple of diesel docs here would be up to the task as i wont risk opening her up myself!
And am also tossing up a dominator 1 module or getting a remap done here locally when the time comes, but this remap wont include a dyno run as this shop has no dyno. What do you guys think?

Thanks heaps !
tropicalux

Re: Gday from Fiji!

Postby hiluxxury on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 6:42 +0000

Welcome tropicalux

I run remapped ecu without a dyno tune.. its fine. The dyno is good for squeezing the extra couple of kw but isnt actually necessary.

This is the standard cut-and-paste intro that we give everyone, but that said... welcome to the forum :)

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed.

In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the SEARCH HERE! box at the top left of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures

If 3rd party image hosting is a bit difficult, starting a shed is an easier option with direct image uploading.
Just click on the "Edit Your Shed" button at the top of the page

Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Cheers,
The mod team
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Postby tropicalux on Mon, 14 Jun 2021 1:41 +0000

Sorry for the late one bro! And thank you for the welcome..Really cool to be on here
Working on getting a TJM bar/scrubs/step kit put on the truck soon. Hoping the weight doesnt turn it into a tractor haha
tropicalux

Postby hiluxxury on Tue, 29 Jun 2021 6:24 +0000

Welcome tropicalux

This is the standard cut-and-paste intro that we give everyone, but that said... welcome to the forum :)

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed.

In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the SEARCH HERE! box at the top left of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures

If 3rd party image hosting is a bit difficult, starting a shed is an easier option with direct image uploading.
Just click on the "Edit Your Shed" button at the top of the page

Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Cheers,
The mod team
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury