New here

New here

Postby Rakemars on Sat, 25 Apr 2020 9:34 +0000

Hi all, my name is Michael.
My first post here, I'm new to this forum...and soon new to owning a new Bakkie.
I'm interested to hear your opinions.

I'm looking at Toyota,Ranger primarily - both will do what i require but i like the the hilux the most.
What about current Hilux owners - can you share your experience?
Thanks.

And off topic question. My better half has banned me from putting bikes in the car because she says it makes the car filthy, unlike her piles of tissues, sweet papers and anything else she chooses to throw on the floor.Any suggestions for a reasonably durable bag which will close over the bike? I was hoping to avoid buying a proper bike bag as its just for car use, it wont be flying anywhere. I have tried various plastic sheeting etc but they seem to leak crap. I even tried one of those builders sand bags but it was too bulky.Don’t mind taking wheels out.Suggestions appreciated.
Last edited by Rakemars on Sat, 18 Jul 2020 5:28 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Rakemars

Re: New here

Postby Martyhing on Mon, 27 Apr 2020 4:36 +0000

Hi Michael,

I'm pretty new here as well. I've only had my hilux since December, but I love it. I have an older 2006 4.0L V6 SR5 dual cab. It is an excellent daily driver (doesn't feel like a big car at all) and does everything I need offroad on the weekends.

I have driven a ranger for work and I have to say I like the hilux much better. There was just something off about the ranger. I couldn't seem to get used to the turning circle or the sight lines. It's entirely possible that I'm just a terrible driver, but it just didn't feel intuitive to drive. On the other hand I felt instantly at home in the hilux. That being said I have a friend who drives a ranger and he's very happy with it. I guess it all comes down to how each feels to you. What models are you looking at and what is your intended usage?
Martyhing

Return to Introductions