Loving my first Hilux

Loving my first Hilux

Postby gruhms on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 6:32 +0000

Hey Team.

I had wanted a dual cab Hilux ever since I was in high school, and finally managed to convince my wife about a year ago. I spent a good few months looking and test driving and eventually found a nice turbo diesel 2002 SR5. Even though it has done 315 000kms, it still drives like new. The previous owner loved it like a child (or maybe even more) and was meticulous in his servicing. He was pretty much in tears as I drove it out the driveway and had made his wife sit in it that morning and talk about all the adventures they'd been on together.

It's been set up for offloading and camping with an Old Man Emu lift, ARB bulbar and rear bar, dual batteries, diff breathers, drawer system, turbo timer, electronic trailer brakes and probably more that I can't be bothered remembering right now.

I'm keen to do more 4WDing and camping with my wife and two young kids, which is why I sold my loooooong term rally car project to buy the Hilux. I am loving every moment of having this car.

I am looking forward to gaining stacks of knowledge from people who know more than me (pretty much everyone). I've worked on cars as a hobby before, but never diesels. Most of my knowledge has come from restoring my 1978 Leyland Mini, which is quite different to the Hilux.

Anyway, that's my (not so) brief introduction. Thanks team.
gruhms

Re: Loving my first Hilux

Postby DeadlyBeast on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 6:49 +0000

G'Day Matt and welcome to the forum

Sounds like you have a corker there
Pics tell a thousand words - they may also help the reply rate with your other post

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the rig
DeadlyBeast

Return to Introductions