Another Hilux in SA!

Another Hilux in SA!

Postby ptrl1600 on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 9:02 +0000

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just a quick intro.... After the flaming demise of my beloved LS2 powered GU Patrol, I decided that a twin cab would better suit my current needs, so went looking for a reasonably clean and original second hand Hilux. My main requirement was that it had to be petrol and auto. Out of some 38 vehicles that were listed for sale, only two met that requirement, so I picked the older vehicle with less Km, a black 2007 SR5 duel cab.

Going from a heavy 6.0L V8 powered GU to a 4.0L V6 was a pleasant surprise in drive ability. The Hilux certainly drives much more like a car on road and while I haven't had a real chance to test it off road, it feels like it's a very capable vehicle.
So far the only mods that I've had time to do are a duel battery install for the fridge, a couple of Anderson Plugs and an Android entertainment system with reverse camera. I also replaced the headlights and fitted a light bar to improve the lighting. Future mods will most likely include a modest lift, possibly a winch and some sort of front diff lock. I'm also an advocate of manual torque converter locking, but I'll have to see how she performs when towing before I go down that path.

In the short time that I've been browsing the forum, I see a wealth of knowledge on offer and I must already thank the forum for showing me how to get rid of those annoying seat belt and ignition buzzers.

All the best,
ptrl1600

Re: Another Hilux in SA!

Postby DeadlyBeast on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 6:13 +0000

G'Day Charlie and welcome to the forum

Great intro there
Looking forward to reading your build thread

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's (Start your own shed 8-) Its easy)
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Happy searching and posting
DeadlyBeast

Re: Another Hilux in SA!

Postby ptrl1600 on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 8:33 +0000

Thanks for the welcome DeadlyBeast, and for the links. Lots of reading to do!
The fun has already begun.............. :lol:
ptrl1600

Return to Introductions