cabin filter on my o6 just not there ???

cabin filter on my o6 just not there ???

Postby riverman on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 8:28 +0000

Hi there, nice to meet you all, just registered, I live In Taupo New Zealand, I have two hiluxs one a 2006 and an 2014 both v6 petrols, just a querie went to change my cabin filter in my 06 and followed a google you tube demo but there was no filter,I would think it never had one since new as had to cut the plastic cover around the edge to pop it of..any one struck this, thanks in advance des
riverman

Re: cabin filter on my o6 just not there ???

Postby DeadlyBeast on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:00 +0000

G'Day Des and welcome to the forum ;)

A beautiful part of the world there in Taupo 8-)
Not sure about the 06 model not having a filter but have heard some modeks dont. Have you got a pic you can share. Woukd be interested to see. If you can retrofit a fliter it can save your fan motor and prevent debri building up etc.

Let us know how you go mate

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's (Start your own shed 8-) Its easy, provides a quick reference of your rig and modifications + no need to use third party photo sharing)
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Happy posting :D
DeadlyBeast

Postby webbo on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 2:12 +0000

Some of the early models (2006-2008) didn't have the filter but you can buy the filter and coverplate from the dealers and fit one yourself
webbo

Postby harrylux on Sun, 16 Jul 2017 6:15 +0000

riverman wrote:Hi there, nice to meet you all, just registered, I live In Taupo New Zealand, I have two hiluxs one a 2006 and an 2014 both v6 petrols, just a querie went to change my cabin filter in my 06 and followed a google you tube demo but there was no filter,I would think it never had one since new as had to cut the plastic cover around the edge to pop it of..any one struck this, thanks in advance des

Yep its dead easy, just get a stanly knife cut the plastic cover off, insert your new filter (it'll fit perfectly) and get either a plastic cover with double sided tape to close it off or order the cover off the next model hilux which will fit nicely.
This is the place I got mine from as it had the plastic cover included. My local toyota dealership said it couldn't be done, thankfully I read this forum and found different :)

http://cabinairfilters.com.au/product/t ... 1999-2006/
harrylux

Return to Introductions