New Bloke

New Bloke

Postby same name on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 1:43 +0000

G,day all,
by way of introduction I recently joined this forum as a result of due diligence prior to purchase. I therefore post the below in the hope that it may assist anyone considering the purchase of a Hilux.
I have come out of the best 79 series landcruiser in Australia, the 7th in a row, yes, I am that old, and suspect, probably the oldest on this forum.Thus my first impressions and findings so far.
Mine is a dark grey SR 5 with a tray so as to accommodate my slide on camper. I had the Ute fitted with ARB long range tank,
bar,bash plates, a GVM upgrade and suspension kit. pair of the new Redarc twin gauges showing, EGT/Boost and the other one Water temp and oil pressure.It is intended to be a long rang tourer.
I have owned it 3 weeks and done just under 3000 klms.as I do 900 up and down to the farm each week.One of my main concerns was the DPF, I need not have worried, mine has done 3 burns all about 600 apart so far,temp goes to 650 hot as the gauge alarm starts screaming.I Am happy with it, I find it smaller, but quicker, more nimble, much more comfortable, but interestingly, about the same width and length as the 79.

I am getting 10.1 liters per hundred, I am happy with that. I am struggling with the computer screen , but with the help from on here I am getting there, still cant get "Karen " loud enough to hear above the radio though, lol.

Overall, the build quality is Toyota good. I fitted 17" AT tyers and they are a tad harsh, but for my sort of driving, mandatory.The interior is very good in my opinion.The lights are good.The brakes are very good,the chassis dynamics are excellent for such a light duty truck.I will hopefully build confidence in the 4wd ability when I have done a proper run in the bush.I am too old for that wheel lifting nonsense and submarine work.Would I buy one again, yes, I have already done so, a SR manual for her, I took the tub off mine and bolted it on her SR.For those with earlier models, her Hilux was sold privately for $9500 , was 18yo old and had done 465,000kls, of hard work! Resale has always been good for Toyota Ute,s
In closing, thank you to the Moderators for their tireless work for no fee and to all on here for your help. I I may assist anyone at any time, just give me a yell.
drive safe
Iain
same name

Re: New Bloke

Postby TOYZX on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 3:39 +0000

Welcome mate!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Lee Tomic on Fri, 02 Jun 2017 6:34 +0000

welcome aboard
Lee Tomic

Postby mylux04 on Fri, 02 Jun 2017 2:49 +0000

Welcome mate
Cheers Tony
mylux04

Postby DeadlyBeast on Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:29 +0000

G'Day Iain and welcome to the forum ;)

Super intro there mate

Looks like you have found your way around the forum thus far.
Looking forward to reading your posts regarding your knowledge and experience with all things Toyota

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's (Start your own shed 8-) Its easy, provides a quick reference of your rig and modifications + no need to use third party photo sharing)
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Happy posting :D
DeadlyBeast

Return to Introductions