New to NEW Hilux

New to NEW Hilux

Postby 000WPA on Tue, 30 May 2017 12:20 +0000

Hi All,
I'm a newbie From Cairns, QLD, I have loved reading articles and opinions over the last couple of days all to do with Hilux which is great,
it has already got my mind changed on a couple of mods I was planning on doing shortly.

Currently I have a 2012 Hilux i bought in pritty bad nick and it still is with bumps and dings along the body however it did have low km's on it and with wanting to do the 4wd stuff all the bumps and dings didn't bother me. My Ride was stock standard but now have 2inch lift/snorkel/steel tray and canopy/K&N air filter and smart charger dual battery system and awnings to both sides of canopy.
looking to add more very soon.

Ido however have a question about adding photos to a post as I have a "plug" of some sort which is below the steering column and I am not sure what this is for or was for as there is nothing running into it at the moment, I have looked for photos to try and workout what it is but I have had no luck so I thought the easiest way would be to add a photo of "it"

Cheers for any help!
-Nathan
000WPA

Re: New to NEW Hilux

Postby oggy on Tue, 30 May 2017 5:04 +0000

G'day Nathan and welcome to the forum ;)

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilize the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
I see the pic in your post didn't work, so might be a good ides to read below....
Peronally i use the Tapatalk app to upload photos straight from my phone ;)
How to post pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Welcome, and happy posting :D

As for the plug under the steering column, i would assume you mean the obdII port which is used for the dealer to plug their computer into to diagnose issues or you can plug a scan gauge in to clear codes or give more useful info like coolant temp,boost etc.
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby 000WPA on Wed, 31 May 2017 7:45 +0000

Thanks oggy,
I will look into what you have mentioned and try to work things out myself rather than ask all the time!
CHeers
000WPA

Postby Gipsy on Wed, 31 May 2017 10:07 +0000

Nathan is the mystery plug the OBD socket? That's where it is.
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby 000WPA on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 7:10 +0000

Yeah it is ;) I wasn't sure on what it was so I had trouble on what to search for earlier and got a bit frustration.

Solved, Thanks
000WPA

Return to Introductions