Leaky Lux - 02 Dual Cab

General discussion of basically anything related to the 1988 - 2005 Hilux

Leaky Lux - 02 Dual Cab

Postby Seano84 on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 2:00 +0000

Gday All,

Ive got an 02 Dual Cab and have just moved up to the NT right in the middle of a record wet season. Needless to say i have discovered a water leak and its really starting to annoy me. Water drips down from somewhere and pools on the front passenger side floor. I have just pulled all the seats and the vinyl floor out because its really starting to stench and that material backing under the vinyl is saturated and starting to get mouldy. The water seems to be coming down directly below the pillar on the passenger side and dripping out below the glove box right over near the door jam i guess..

just wondering if there is a common place anyone knows about that this model leaks from? Door seals all seem fine, and im pretty sure its got nothing to do with the air-con...

any help would be appreciated...

cheers all

Sean
Seano84

Re: Leaky Lux - 02 Dual Cab

Postby fullbost on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 9:56 +0000

sounds like a leaking windscreen. Either get it replaced or to save some coin lift up the outside rubber spray soapy water between the glass and body then from inside the car blow compressed air. Should bubble where the leak is then get some windscreen sealant to fix it up. My mates a windscreen fitter seen him do it afew times.
fullbost

Re: Leaky Lux - 02 Dual Cab

Postby stuckindmud on Sun, 21 Mar 2021 8:33 +0000

Hey reviving a very old thread.

I have the same issue 03 hilux , tracked the drip down to the same spot at the front passenger side. Seems to be coming from the blue/grey rubber finisher on the seam that gets tucked away on the A pillar near the hinges, just where the dash finishes over.

What did you do to fix the problem ?

Doubt it’s the windshield sealant because the windshield sits on the other side of the A pillar .

Door rubbers seem good.
stuckindmud

Return to General Discussion