identifying 5l head gasket?

General discussion of basically anything related to the 1988 - 2005 Hilux

identifying 5l head gasket?

Postby luxbro1 on Sun, 27 Sep 2015 8:53 +0000

G'day, I'm wondering if there is a way of identifying which of the 3 head gaskets I need for 99 5l engine. I know it's stamped on the gasket but I'm still driving the car,just want to order the parts so I can put a new head on over the weekend. Any ideas folks?
luxbro1

Re: identifying 5l head gasket?

Postby luxbro1 on Mon, 28 Sep 2015 6:50 +0000

Problem solved, apart from letters stamped they can have a notch representing the letter, didn't occur that at rear left corner the gasket protrudes to expose that notch(or right rear corner for F gasket). You little ripper, it's D gasket. Note B and C notch are side by side, B will be the closest to the corner. The D notch lines up with the earth wire that's attached to block.
luxbro1

Re: identifying 5l head gasket?

Postby luxbro1 on Mon, 28 Sep 2015 6:51 +0000

Problem solved, apart from letters stamped they can have a notch representing the letter, didn't occur that at rear left corner the gasket protrudes to expose that notch(or right rear corner for F gasket). You little ripper, it's D gasket. Note B and C notch are side by side, B will be the closest to the corner. The D notch lines up with the earth wire that's attached to block.
luxbro1

Return to General Discussion