Annoying timing light

General discussion of basically anything related to the 1988 - 2005 Hilux

Annoying timing light

Postby Snakes on Mon, 19 Sep 2011 7:28 +0000

:oops: Hi all, am a new member of the community, i have a pre 05 hilux. My timing light came on at 150 000 kms, I have recently changed it. The light is still on, I know on previous models before this they had to push a pin into a hole to reset the light. And I have read that in this particular model, you have to move a screw behind the instrument cluster to the hole near it. I've seen the pictures that describe this procedure, my problem is the cluster I have dosent have a screw in area, so it must be different. Why do Toyota have to make things so hard? Anyway hope you hilux experts out there can help me find this problem?
Snakes

Re: Annoying timing light

Postby Snakes on Wed, 21 Sep 2011 8:41 +0000

Hi again all, have found how to reset light in PRE 05 HILUX 5L, remove cluster from instrument panel at the back you are looking for a clip like connection it should be near the speedo cable connection. On the circuit board on this connection it's marked X and Y, if your TBELT light comes on, change your belt, then reset the light if it was on the X mark then you want to move it to the Y mark or vice versa. Hope this helps some people who have the PRE 05 HILUX, as I think the models before this had the screw in method. Goodluck to you all . And SAFE 4X4- ing....
Snakes

Re: Annoying timing light

Postby skookumchuck on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 2:21 +0000

[quote="Snakes"]Hi again all, have found how to reset light in PRE 05 HILUX 5L, remove cluster from instrument panel at the back you are looking for a clip like connection it should be near the speedo cable connection. On the circuit board on this connection it's marked X and Y, if your TBELT light comes on, change your belt, then reset the light if it was on the X mark then you want to move it to the Y mark or vice versa. Hope this helps some people who have the PRE 05 HILUX, as I think the models before this had the screw in method. Goodluck to you all . And SAFE 4X4- ing....[/quote

Thanks I'll save this under my HILUX file.
skookumchuck

Return to General Discussion