Drift, track, drag, show. Custom all rounder work Hilux.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Drift, track, drag, show. Custom all rounder work Hilux.

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:13 +0000

I needed a work car but me being me cant just leave a good car standard :shock:
I wanted a stereo That would work within a few parameters. I wanted it loud but SQ always comes first with me...

1 it had to be stream line enough to not get in the road of my work.
2 I needed the third seat... (for my boy)
3 Needed to be clear but loud. Oh and it has to go low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Oh and look good of course.

gear is as followed...
0 and 4 gauge power cable
950 CCA lead acid low maintenance battery
stinger RCAs
Blaupunkt IVDM-7003 indash single din screen replaced now with a Kenwood - KVT534DVD 7 INCH unit. NOW: PIONEER ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50/RS-P1
Blaupunkt VPA-172 splits and 6.5" and second set of drivers for midbass
Blaupunkt VPW-480 18" sub
Fusion FJL-1211D mono amps x 2
Fusion FJL-4011 4 channel
Audio Control Epic-160/(3.1 I am adding later)
6x1.4m of sound deadening
Oh and lots of Glass :D

Have now removed Car PC...
Oh shit I forgot my car PC :D
These are some of the basic specs:
CPU - x86 family 6 model 14 stepping 8 intel 1.83 GHz core 2 duo
HDD - Laptop 7200 rpm 80 gig
RAM - 2 gig (single)
OPP - W7 32bit and using Centrafuse 3.
http://www.cnet.com/products/aopen-minipc-duo-mp945-vxr/
CNX-P1900 dual output 140 WATT intelligent DC-DC power regulator

Non Stereo stuff:

Done so far... 5% Tint. Headlights and taillights and folding chrome mirrors with indicators. Chrome grill (facelift) + facelift front bar and spotlights. Removed mesh from front bar.Tubed style-side and flared front guards for wider tyres, Detroit Locker (not truetrac) Supra 4 pot calipers and rotors, Superpro custom sway-bar, Hopper Stopper rear disc and caliper kit, King leaves and Front springs, Bilstein rear shocks, braided brake-lines and FM Intercooler. Quick shift kit (trans). Sticker kit. Cut Alloy deck lid in half and put in hinge. Drill holes it it to fit alloy sports bar. Bonnet struts.

Waiting on... Billet cams, TRD Supercharger + fitting kit from states. High Boost Pulley 2 psi. Extractors (twin pipe with QTP electronic cutouts with Redback mufflers). Xede twin map ECU. Diesel bonnet = Will swap Carbon Fiber bonnet plus cash if anyone wants one. Replacing front seats or re-trimming them. Maybe some more interior parts carbon printed.
Have new 2014 styleside tub and roll bar to swap over with old unit (cracks showing it tub).

I'll start with the ute.

Its a Toyota Hilux SR Dualcab 4l V6 petrol.

Started like this- here its got 5% window tint, deck lid and 4" King Springs lowering kit. Oh and also signage. Plus I'd cut off the roll bar...
Last edited by reallyxxxxxxloud on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 4:59 +0000, edited 14 times in total.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Re: A reallyxxxxxxloud Hilux

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:14 +0000

I ended up not liking the J deck and changed it for a A deck style side...

I then added the flares...

Then the 20"s 8.5" on front and 20" x 10" on rears... Also upgraded the front bar to the 2009 facelift bar, facelift custom chrome SR5 grill will follow soon.

Ill start upping the stereo and I've changed the look again... :roll:
Last edited by reallyxxxxxxloud on Mon, 30 Nov 2015 9:35 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:16 +0000

I stripped out the interior and laid the sound deadening. I did the floor/roof/back wall and two layers in the doors plus Dynamat diffusers in the front doors.

These amps are all brand new. I've 4 monos and 4 4 channels left over from when I worked at FUSION. You get a few people bagging FUSION but usually its just big mouths that don't really know what they are on about. Sure FUSION makes some really crap products just like any entry level brand does but the Jonah stuff was bullet proof and never failed we only ever had two come back ever and one was customer error (even SQ wise it is very surprising).

I ran up from a 950 CCA battery 0 gauge power cable with a FUSION 300amp ANL fuse to the amps where I split them into 4 gauge using a Stinger distribution block. I used Stinger twisted pairs RCA's (can't remember model) for the signal.

Ive ran the Amps behind the rear seat. It you have ever worked on one of these you'll know how hard it was to get them there... 70mm of room at best when the seat is folded up.

Ill throw up the door and tweeter pods later on
Last edited by reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 9:07 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:20 +0000

I'm looking at C notching the rear chassis so I can drop it further (not really sure on this?) and there's coilovers available for the front. I'm also looking at running a turbo later on down the track.

Ok I'm upping the door and tweeter pods. I should of taken more photos as I only have pics of them in the roughed out stage onwards and none on the glassing etc.

Here I started with the door card off. Masked up the area I'm getting the shape from I penned the shape I wanted with a black texter and laid a 225 layer of glass chopped mat, 1.5 % hardener. Let it set over night then laid a layer of 600 but with less hardener (1.2%) to ease up on the heat (this will cause it to pull at the edges if to hot) but just enough to let set. . The black texter will come through onto the glass so all I need to do it cut it out. Put my ring into the position I wanted. I then grill clothed the main shape and brushed resin to harden it. I laid a 225 mat let it set then a 400 mat. I make my own bog with vinyl ester resin and qcell. Extremely hard when set but sands beautifully and it is extremely light- if you look at my solid tweeter pods it was a handful of bog slapped into the corner of the dash and A pillar... Oh I did mask the area up first (and watch the heat from this mix as it will go off fast and hard or not at all, its to do with the bulk of the mix). look at the tops of the door pods they were perfect untill I added the bog so it gives you an idea of how hot it will go off. I then put my bog onto the door pods to shape them where I wanted to bulk it up etc. I do use normal bog to finish off where I need to but when you see the difference in weight and hardness, well. Sand it all to shape and primer fill until perfect...

I always use Vinyl Ester resin..................

The reason I use only Vinyl is because its a harder plastic than poly (better for sub boxes) and it shrinks a lot less so it will put the corners nowhere near as much. But beware not to buy to much unless you use it constantly as it will go off in the tin in heat!!! It has a short shelf live (but if you have access to a fridge it will keep for years). Plus it will stick to some plastics better that poly ester, with a little scuffing and Methyl Ethyl Ketone it will stick...

reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:21 +0000

I'll start on the making of the subbox tomorrow. That will trip you out!!! :twisted:
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby KTM525EXC on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:25 +0000

Nice build mate!!! that is one sic lux you have 8-) its good to see a few of you 4x2 luxes on here now days.

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:32 +0000

Thanks - I didn't start out with the idea I have now but I'm going to add diesel bonnet, sidesteps and front flares to make it look like a slammed 4x4. Obviously its not and anyone that knows there 4x4 Hilux will pick it pretty quick but it will still fool the masses. I've also decided at a later date to add a supercharged or twin turbo 4l v8... :twisted:

You may ask why didn't I just buy a 4x4 - well to be honest I didn't want to spend that much at the time and its my work car and if it was a 4x4 I'd wreak it in no time flat lol.
reallyxxxxxxloud

A reallyxxxxxxloud Hilux

Postby paw55h on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 5:12 +0000

Nice work I love sound systems and that thing is going to rock !!!!

The moulds your making up look fantastic and with all the sound deadening should make it sound tight
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in the fruit salad
http://newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8669
paw55h

Postby Alby on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 6:15 +0000

Mate those moulded mounts you have done are impressive
Look forward to seeing the end result
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby seb on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 7:22 +0000

looking good mate!
you should put some monster ride rock sliders on instead of side steps
:D
Cheers Seb.
seb

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 8:57 +0000

seb wrote:looking good mate!
you should put some monster ride rock sliders on instead of side steps
:D

lol I think that they would be overkill hahahaha just the factory alloys will do.

Thanks guys for the comments. I'm trying to show the car as I built the stereo but also the changes it has gone through. Anyhow love the comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby helmut79 on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:18 +0000

Door and tweeter pods are awesome.........group buy on thoes 8-)
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby jap on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:49 +0000

All I heard was "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - Supercharged V8"
:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, those door and dash pods are very neat, will look pretty well integrated once they're finished off.

Welcome 8-)
The Quickest TRD Hilux in Australia - 13.690 @ 100.56mph
True Bolt-On Power, Performance & Reliability

Traded for:

BT50 D/C 3.2l Auto - TJM Deluxe Bullbar - TJM Rear Step - TJM Canopy - Airtec Snorkel
jap

Postby OFFTRAK on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:46 +0000

That looks awesome, mate! Nice to see a build up that is focussed on Audio Visual enjoyment. :)
Could I be rude and ask what it cost for the graphics down the side?
OFFTRAK

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 9:54 +0000

A huge up for LUXYLOO for giving me the side steps for free. I was blown away!!!! CHEERS DUDE... As far as the door pods sorry I made them as a one off. The Graphics were $1600 but the company I contracted to went through that many staff they get a $400 discount lol. I left them and have gone out on my own...

Well basically I did the same as the doors but on a larger scale... I wanted a fibreglass box that was in the corner of the car..... well the pics will do it justice...

I once the base was finished, marked where I was going to cut the final shape. Then mounted the sub frame!!! I actually glassed in all of the brackets as well.
The base looks a little thin in places in the pic but were built up later.

Remember this is an 18" sub. It kind of looks like a 15 in this ute for some reason until you get close to it...
I then covered it in grill cloth and gave it a coating of resin.

Ill up the glassing of the top etc later...
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby shanno on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 5:59 +0000

That looks wicked mate! :D
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:20 +0000

I'm building another car at the mo... Its a Mitsi GTO twin turbo. I have invested about $80,000 all up so far. Mind you the stereo is $40,000 of it. Just saying so you know this car isn't my main focus. But I still love it :)
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:35 +0000

holy thats a nuts sub box. Looks tops mate, can't wait to see it all back together
Marshwa

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:52 +0000

Here's the top glassed. Why does it always look so ugly at this stage

This is where I mark out the cutting lines to remove the waste...

reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:53 +0000

All trimmed up and a raw fit in the car to see where it pulled...

Right all I need to do is fill and prime...
I also on the inside of the box filled all sharp edges and joins (rounded off) with the same mix I used for the tweeter pods and then two layers of 400 chopped class. Adding strength but also spl.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Next

Return to Member Build Ups