Drift, track, drag, show. Custom all rounder work Hilux.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: A reallyxxxxxxloud Hilux

Postby EASTCOAST on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:18 +0000

What a way to get it to fit write,,,,,,,Looks good mate,,,, i never thought to tape up and resin over a seat before,,,
******If you can ignore it its not a real problem******
EASTCOAST

Postby OFFTRAK on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 6:34 +0000

How will you mount it? Wouldn't want it moving around, especially if your boy is in the back.
Extreme way to make a massage chair. :lol:
OFFTRAK

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 6:53 +0000

I've the seat belt go through some brackets and the door locks it into place as well... Yes my son love it when I play infrasonic's through the sub....
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:30 +0000

This is the unit I'm replacing the Blaupunkt IVDM - 7003 indash screen. This was bought bare boned...

These are some of the basic specs:
CPU - x86 family 6 model 14 stepping 8 intel 1.83 GHz core 2 duo
HDD - Laptop 7200 rpm 80 gig
RAM - 2 gig (single)
OPP - W7 32bit and using Centrafuse 3.

CNET - REVIEW
AOpen MiniPC Duo MP945-VXR Review - Barebones PCs - CNET Reviews

I've also gotten a Kenwood single din indash screen with a res of 1600 x 1200 so I should be happy with that.

Using also the CNX-P1900 dual output 140 WATT intelligent DC-DC power regulator...

Features

* 140 Watt Dual Output Regulator
* Jumper selectable main output of +18/+19/+20V
* Jumper selectable secondary output of +12V/+13.5V or +5V
* Optional 3rd output using the CNX - P5V +5v/15 watt regulator.
* Survives Engine Cranking under full load over entire temperature range
* Includes sophisticated Startup/Shutdown Controller
* Includes sturdy aluminum chassis with variable speed fan suitable for car environment
* Field upgradable flash microprocessor
* Low battery monitor prevents drained battery, even during Standy/Sleep
* "Deadman Timer" automatically exits Sleep mode after 72 hours to prevent battery damage
* "Anti Thump" delayed remote control for audio amplifiers
* Remote "Pulse Start" from wireless device or car alarm/remote start system
* Over current protection on both outputs with graceful forced shutdown of main output
* Powers both your CarPC/Mac AND your screen or USB devices
* Compatible with Mac mini including startup and sleep mode
* Compatible with Pentium P4-based systems such as Travla C158-120, Sumicom S630, or Xenarc SC8*
* Full, safe support for Windows Standby mode including auto shutdown if PC fails to shutdown
* Over voltage surge suppression on battery input for protection of harsh automotive environment
* User replaceable fuse on battery input to protect your car from internal short circuits
* Very compact design measuring 4.6" x 3.25" x 1.75" (L x W x H) or 117mm x 83mm x 45mm.

This will be going into my work ute Board Message so it should prove to be very interesting...

From there I'll be using a 4.1 or 3.1 Audiocontrol crossover and a Audiocontrol epic 160...

I've decided as I've over 4TB of music and movies I would setup a laptop hot swappable docking port for ease of use. I can then swap drives as needed. Plus jaming a HDD into a hole in my dash would look quite cool!!!
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby Bourbydol on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:30 +0000

All posts powered by Bourbon.
by Joonyah on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 3:43 +0000
My old man told me "son, if it floats,flies or f$@#&%, you are better off leasing it".
Bourbydol

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:53 +0000

this is one impressive setup your doing here 8-)
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby john253a on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 6:21 +0000

I thought my stereo was over the top, but yours takes the cake.
As for behind the set, if used correctly there's a lot of space.
I fitted a 16.8ltr box with at kicker cvt12.4, 1x kicker 400.1 and 1x kicker 700.5,
As for hard, try running 0/1 gauge cable through firewall and up behind back seat and keeping it all hidden.
I also put 2x kicker cvt8.2 under rear seats as theres about 25ltrs there. and 4 kicker qs650.2 in doors.

Do you no what db it should make? or have you tested it?
I Dynamated the inside of my door, floor and toolboxes under seat. Do you think there will be any advantages to the outside skin of doors?
farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:59 +0000

Well as you can see from my pics theres three monster amps behind my seat and compared to a lot of other DC utes there isn't that much room. Well with some exceptions there's nothing at all - like the Holden Crewman.

You are way under spec for your box as it require minimum 1cf and I wouldn't even give it anything less than 2cf as anything below that will compromise the sound. Sorry I'm not bagging you at all, it's just that I'm a SQ freak. Also mixing different subs can be a bad idea. If one sub is obviously superior to the other(s) then it will be limited by the performance of the inferior sub. Volume will be limited by the inferior subs capabilities, and the inferior sub will start to distort sooner, and this will be added into the sound you hear basically rendering the superior cleaner subs abilities obsolete.

Generally, mixing different subs of different types means your superior sub is being waited. This will be different if you can get the 12 and 8's operating different ranges, but there is always a chance the 12 will be at least as good as the 8's with upper sub bass anyway (in the right sized box).

You need to use the same make, size and model subwoofer in your system to eliminate possible sound cancellation. Each speaker has a "fingerprint" frequency response, resonant frequency and impedance characteristics - this results in different amplitude and frequency responses.

It's kinda like building putting different size wheels on the left & right side of your vehicle ... it'll get you down the road but it's not a pretty sight.

I have used 0 gauge and didn't find it all that hard? But then again I do it all the time so I might just be accustom to it. Definitely sound deaden your doors outer skin. This is where most of your road noise is coming from. Reason being is that it is a large flat panel that resonates easy... Doing this skin will also add output to your front speakers and clean up there response. I'd even go as far as putting four Dynasorb pads (Dynamatt product) behind the speakers to also stop standing wave reflections back onto your drivers (also cleans up there response). Yeah we did a run with it when everything was still new at 137db and since the suspension would of loosened by now I'd say its a bit higher. I'm not really caring about SPL as I built this car for SQL but prefer SQ. I've helped build and designed two cars that were Australia's loudest cars. This is one of them...

reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 1:08 +0000

Bourbydol wrote:I read Blaupunkt And instantly thought of
YouTube - Blaupunkt commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaayEn6 ... detailpage &
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3S1pfT ... lpage#t=7s
Which leads us too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoRD1wmv ... page#t=15s LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was the QLD rep for Blaupunkt lol.....
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby john253a on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 2:43 +0000

I'm in the same boat (or hilux) as you and went for the best SQ system i could afford without taking up any cab or tray space.
With the cvt12.2 (sorry got pt. no. wrong before) I built the box as big as i could fit in space available, I also took into account that the factory box supplied was only 0.55cu.ft, and mine is 0.6.(spec says 1+) I filled 30% of volume with polyfill, and I'm running it off a zx400.1 (tested at 586rms) and it's set to >60 hertz. The 2x cvt8.4 are in parrell running of zx700.5 (tested at 996rms) making a min of 420rms @2ohms set to >125 Hertz.
and I'm running 70rms to each qs65.2 coaxial mounted (tweeters didn't fit in tweeter pod for front doors)
On my head unit (eclipse avn6000) Ive set up the speaker/sub cross over to 125 hertz with 12gb gain.
As for sound out of subs, i set up the 8's and 12 on their own, I only ran 12 with no speakers and set head unit to 7/8 and set gain to 1 bellow (4 of 11) clipping/distortion, and base boost to 0. i found if set above >70 hertz it distorted at lower lower levels.
As for 8" and speakers i set the gain the same way and ended up with all gains set to 4 out of 11, with 8" set to low pass @>125 and speakers to no pass using head unit crossovers to set to <125 hertz.

When dynamating doors i did the outside skin in extreem and then fitted the 10x10" speaker kit behind speakers spacers and reinstalled factory moister layer.

farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:03 +0000

Just a small sneaky peek...

Ill take some better photos later....

Enjoy
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby ultimate on Sun, 13 Feb 2011 5:51 +0000

This is an epic build up. I've always loved a good sound system and it often surprises people to hear it coming from a Toyota Prado :lol: I didn't go this far into it though. I stopped at a 12" sub, 2 amps and 2 sets of 6 1/2" splits. All the speakers are soundstream and the amps are fusion Jona Lomu series monoblocks (Showing it's age now :lol:) It's loud enough but we always want more.

If you don't mind me asking; what did you do to lower your lux? Custom springs or lowering blocks? Do you have pics?
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Sun, 13 Feb 2011 9:23 +0000

I used King Springs all round... Got them new and fitted for $500 so I got a pretty good deal.

Are your amps the first series Jonah or the second series. Reason being the first series were Taiwanese made (one of the most bulletproof amps I've ever seen as I was Fusion's service manger for 2.5 years) and the second series was Chinese made. I only had two first series Jonah amps ever come back for repair one was short circuit and the other was a bad sub board 2.

Hey john253a are those ZX amps the old Kicker amps? If so I remember them being a great amp... And they were heavy as hell.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:47 +0000

impressive good luck with the rest, I also have a Stinger 3 farred cap for sale if you are interested.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby john253a on Sun, 13 Feb 2011 4:24 +0000

The zx amps are the 2010 US version, witch at the price i payed there better then anything else in Aust.(just under $400 au for both direct from kicker, (sorry custom car sound your just tooooooooo expensive)
Your speakers look the same as mine before, i coaxial mounted the tweeters,
Are they the Blaupunkt you said in first post?
But i must say looking 8-)
john253a

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:30 +0000

Actually it was the Z/ZR series of old I was thinking they were...

Yes they are the VPA-172 model and were amazing for the stupid price of $375 retail... There was a similar Blaupunkt speaker but sounded way different called the VPC... The pic below was the VPA-172 un-modified.

These are some of the amps going into my Mitsi GTO. They retailed for $3500 - $5000 AUD, I'm missing a couple from my pics. They are Diamond Audio but were a remake of the old Esoteric Audio E7 Professional Reference Series Amplifiers and they were considered the best car audio amplifier ever made. I'm still after a D7-401.

reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby Rhodesy27 on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 9:10 +0000

whats a good double din cd player/dvd ive seen the ones everyones getting from the sponser of the sit but how good are these i ve heard of people having problems...

Also is the a thread with people's sound systems...
whats everone running speakers amp wise
Rhodesy27

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:14 +0000

looks great!!! on the speaker pods and sub box that carbon fiber look is that the adhesive stuff or somthing else?
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby reallyxxxxxxloud on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:02 +0000

Rhodesy27 wrote:whats a good double din cd player/dvd I've seen the ones everyone's getting from the sponsor of the sit but how good are these i ve heard of people having problems...

Also is the a thread with people's sound systems...
whats everone running speakers amp wise

Forum rules state I can't bag a sponsor... All I can say is there's a reason some units are in the thousands and these are cheap. I looked into importing a similar product but I'm so glad I didn't... You seriously do get what you have paid for... But that's just my opinion.

KTM525EXC It is a ink print. Looks very close to the real thing... There were better prints even some that were digital copies of carbon but wouldn't fit with the size of the box.

Even still I'm happy with the finish- you can't tell unless your right up on it and know the difference. The process is like this. You prep the surface smooth with 400 grit paper. Smoother is ok but not needed. Paint it the desired colour or paint effects using 2pac paint. You need a large container to accommodate for the objects size. The ink is on a kind of plastic which you lay on top of the water. Theres an applicator spray that you spray onto the back of the plastic. This eats or dissolves it leaving only the ink on the surface. You then dip the product into the water slowly and it prints onto the surface. After drying and cleaning it is then clear coated.

Here's the dash to my Lexus even though its hard to see in the pics it looks like bone!!!

reallyxxxxxxloud

Postby Jack S on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 3:18 +0000

Have you had anything to do with the:
KICKER WARHORSE amp?
What a beast it is!

I saw it at summernats a few years ago and its a massive unit,
http://www.kicker.com/warhorse
Jack S

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups