Noidea's Hilux ***Up For Sale***

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Noidea's Hilux ***Up For Sale***

Postby Noidea on Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:43 +0000

Ok guys and girls, its about time I write myself up a build thread. Or by this time its pretty much a built thread :lol: :lol:

My thinking is, if I at least start the thread now then im hoping you guys pestering will give me the motivation to actually keep going and write it up haha :D

Watch this space

Josh
Last edited by Noidea on Sun, 08 Jun 2014 2:46 +0000, edited 6 times in total.
Noidea

Re: Noidea's Hilux

Postby helmut79 on Sat, 29 Jan 2011 4:44 +0000

:lol: :lol: :lol: NIce start Josh, do you own a hilux yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to your write up on the new gearing and lockers you have done ;)
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Naisie on Sun, 30 Jan 2011 8:13 +0000

lol i think i saw you driving the "hilux you don't own" in Norwest a couple of weeks or so ago...
:D ~ Renee ~ :D

BITUMEN - Another waste of taxpayers dollars!
Naisie
Platinum Subscriber

Postby pisso01 on Sat, 05 Mar 2011 6:16 +0000

Sooo, maybe some pic's or something to kick it off... ;)
My touring Lux - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7795 - Nearly finished
pisso01

Postby Noidea on Sun, 06 Mar 2011 7:37 +0000

pisso01 wrote:Sooo, maybe some pic's or something to kick it off... ;)

Haha yes pics and a write up. Ive been very slack I know :oops:

Ill be giving this a go tonight once I get back from soccer trials. I promise this time haha :lol:
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 3:22 +0000

Ok so this is my second attempt at this, ive been at it for over an hour now and have just lost everything into the windows clip board black hole ( F******g cut and paste gone wrong :evil: )
Soooooooooooooo, basically i bought my 2007 Dual cab D4D manual with 52'000K's on her in Feb 2010 from Emerald in QLD with nothing but a bare arb bullbar for $38'000 and it didnt take long for the modification bug to bite :twisted: heres the first pic I have of it in its most stock form that I can find. (take off the spotties and the UHF aerial and you get the picture) :D

And in the last 12 months shes has undergone a wonderful (yet expensive) transformation into what lay before you now :twisted:

Heres the list of modifications and the photos I have been able to scrape up :D
Exterior:
OME 2 inch lift front and rear but I have changed the front springs to a stiffer and thicker king spring as I wasnt happy with the sagging of the OME springs.
CSA ranger black 15" steel rims with a positive 10mm offset.
BF Goodrich mud terrain 33/10.5/r15 tyres.
ARB Full body bar work (rear bar, side steps, side rails and bullbar)
Buds Customs, custom front bash plate.
IPF 900xs Spot beam driving lights with a 70w Xenon HID upgrade for massive distance.
Rigid Industries 20 Inch LED light bar for close light spread.
Warn 9000lb electric bullbar mounted winch.
AmSteel Blue 10mm Synthetic Winch rope with fairlead.
UHF Spring aerial mount.
Safari Snorkle.
RDA Slotted front rotors with EBC Greenstuff pads.
ARB Smooth finish colour coded canopy with lift up windows all round.
Rhino rack heavy duty roof racks (canopy mounted)
Oz Tent/Rhino rack Foxwing awning.
long handle shovel mounted on roof rack.
Dark 18% Tinting all round including 5% tint strip along windscreen.

Car Interior:
A-Sure in dash entertainment system with touchscreen, bluetooth, radio, dvd, cd, full ipod control, gps running both igo8 (on road) and oziexplorer (off road) with Australia wide Topo Maps.
GME tx3340 UHF 5w cb.
Autron dual pillar pod mount with autometer 'boost' and 'egt' gauges. (egt temp probe mounted PRE turbo directly in the manifold by myself)
Charge master dual battery monitor with low and high volt alarms.
'L2' Custom switch which allows me to interrupt the signal going to the front diff to place the car in 2wd Low Range.
Folding back seat mod.
I have replaced all the interior lights with LED's.
Tyredog Wireless TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
*Cough* Police Radar Detector *cough cough*

Canopy Interior:
Black widow side by side drawers.
Platinum ds40 fridge drop slide.
ARB 47L Fridge/Freezer.
Baintech 6 circuit fuse block wired directly from dual battery.
2 x constant power cigarette outlets in tray.
1 x constant power merit outlet (for arb fridge)
2 x led flood lights (camping lighting)
1 x led strip light (camping lighting)
1 x led canopy interior light.
Camping gear in drawers (stove, cups bowls plates etc, various other cooking/camping gear)
Custom carpeted tailgate to match drawers.
Various recovery gear (snatch straps, tyre deflaters, tree protectors, recovery hitch etc etc)
Roof rack internal frame.

Mechanical (under the hood):
ARB Dual Battery system with smart solenoid and 75ah battery.
Uni Filter high flow air filter
Chip it diesel performance systems, piggy back power chip.
Humex 3" Mandrel bent turbo back exhaust system with muffler removed (lots of very nice turbo noise).
4Terrain heavy duty button clutch
ARB Front and rear lockers with on board air supply.
4.1 Diff gears to bring back stock gearing with 33's
Aftermarket cruise control.

And now for some photos:

My favorite modification has got to be the canopy, simply for the reason that i get to keep everything (camping gear, clothes, fridge, food etc etc) dry and out of this situation:

So thats my write up so far (second time round) sorry its a bit short and not very detailed but after losing an hours worth writing im not very motivated to do it all again right now haha. Oh and the pictures were not re-sized properly so you may need to click on the pics to get the full photo. Ill get around to doing them properly soon.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Cheers, Josh
Noidea

Re: Noidea's Hilux **WRITE UP AND PICS DONE FINALLY**

Postby Horse on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 3:36 +0000

Hey Josh looking good mate nice to see you finally got the 33's , how do you rate them ? Still loving mine !
Look forward to catching up at the Zig Zag trip :D
Horse
Horse

Postby Jack S on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 3:42 +0000

Love your canopy setup man!
Sometimes i wish i had a tub so i could fit a canopy, so i could have a setup much the same! But the tray suits me down to the ground none the less!!

Well done mate, great looking truck...
Jack S

Postby jakelux on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 4:25 +0000

Great stuff!! Thats an extensive build for only 12 months, mines not at that stage yet and its been 3 years!!
How do you find the tyredog TPMS? Worth it? is the hand unit/screen wireless? battery's or plug into 12 volt?
Love the picture on the beach to...... :D The eerrr.. lux looks great ;)
Jake
jakelux

Noidea's Hilux **WRITE UP AND PICS DONE FINALLY**

Postby KTM525EXC on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 4:51 +0000

Awsome build Josh 8-), there has been some serious mundosh thrown at the lux, your gf must be very forgiving haha

Cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby pisso01 on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 5:04 +0000

Jeez, How have you been keeping this thing so secret.. :o There is more gear than I could dream of in there.. Look forward to seeing it up close on the Zig Zag Trip... :D :D
My touring Lux - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7795 - Nearly finished
pisso01

Postby Hilux Max on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 5:05 +0000

well equipped truck...well done.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby bill_i_am on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 5:18 +0000

Firstly well done mate, I've been looking forward to this one. Your presence on here hasn't gone un-noticed (in particular I have been watching your quest to re gear). Quick question, how much clearance do you have on your brakes with the steelies, as by all reports there are very few 15" steelies that will fit our trucks. You have obviously found another one other than the infinities.
I might be slow, but I'm rough.......
bill_i_am

Postby Noidea on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 6:25 +0000

Looking forward to seeing again/meeting everyone at the zig zag meet up, hope we get a good turn out :D :D

James or Renee, my mrs would like to know if your bringing the dogs on the trip?

Horse wrote:Hey Josh looking good mate nice to see you finally got the 33's , how do you rate them ? Still loving mine !
Look forward to catching up at the Zig Zag trip :D
Horse

Yeah mate, took a while to get them in but very worth it for that extra inch of clearance. Rate them very highly and would recommend them to anyone looking at running 33's with minimal fuss.

Jack S wrote:Love your canopy setup man!
Sometimes i wish i had a tub so i could fit a canopy, so i could have a setup much the same! But the tray suits me down to the ground none the less!!

Well done mate, great looking truck...

Thanks mate, pretty much suits me perfectly.

jakelux wrote:Great stuff!! Thats an extensive build for only 12 months, mines not at that stage yet and its been 3 years!!
How do you find the tyredog TPMS? Worth it? is the hand unit/screen wireless? battery's or plug into 12 volt?
Love the picture on the beach to...... :D The eerrr.. lux looks great ;)
Jake

I like it yes, I really thought they were a bit of a wank when i first read about them but since twice coming out to drive to work on a flat tyre the morning after a mud bash because i inflated them only to have mud in the bead and leaking air over night it has paid for itself already and is very handy to keep an eye on the pressures. Quite interesting to watch them change from cold to hot etc as well. The hand unit takes batteries so it can be wireless but it also comes with a 12 cig socket that i have used to power it with so dont have to worry about batteries running flat. If your thinking about buying one all i will say is EBAY haha.
Yes I like that shot on the beach to............ she looks great hey ;) (way to kill two birds with one stone Josho haha)

bill_i_am wrote:Firstly well done mate, I've been looking forward to this one. Your presence on here hasn't gone un-noticed (in particular I have been watching your quest to re gear). Quick question, how much clearance do you have on your brakes with the steelies, as by all reports there are very few 15" steelies that will fit our trucks. You have obviously found another one other than the infinities.

Thank you for the kind words Bill :D

I dont have much clearance between the caliper and the rim spokes (probably 5mm at best) but all my driving both on and off road has been with these rims on and have never had any issues with rubbing or scraping. To be honest I must have been lucky with them because all i did was ask if they would fit and the tyre dealer said yes so i went with his judgement.
I guess people can add these rims to the 'they fit' list.

Cheers, Josh
Noidea

Postby Hilux Max on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 6:44 +0000

Those rims, they are 15x7 correct? the +10 offset is the same as the previous gen SR5 wheels.....Dynamic also sell these wheels, as done infinity and others.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Noidea on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 6:46 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:Those rims, they are 15x7 correct? the +10 offset is the same as the previous gen SR5 wheels.....Dynamic also sell these wheels, as done infinity and others.

Correct Max
Noidea

Postby OFFTRAK on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 7:14 +0000

Awesome build up, mate! You have everything covered. I'm very envious.
*Looks at the new want list and swats away the moths coming out of the wallet*
OFFTRAK

Noidea's Hilux **WRITE UP AND PICS DONE FINALLY**

Postby paw55h on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 8:19 +0000

Truck looks great ill get there one day

I also have the same gme as you with the remote mic and was thinking about doing what you did with the plug yours looks great have you got any advise for me on how you did it
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in the fruit salad
http://newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8669
paw55h

Postby Noidea on Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:09 +0000

paw55h wrote:Truck looks great ill get there one day

I also have the same gme as you with the remote mic and was thinking about doing what you did with the plug yours looks great have you got any advise for me on how you did it

Um well i just pulled out one of the fill in things and used a knife or a dremel or similar to clear out the back so you can stick the female/female socket that is supplied with the radio on the back of it. Once it sits in there nicely, glue it in place, drill a hole for the mic to go in through the front, clean it up a bit and hey presto :D Mines not very clean, the cuts you can see in the front arnt very tidy. Works very well and since i dont use it that much it saves me having to put a mic holder up and its out of the way for when its not in use.

Luxative wrote:Awesome build up, mate! You have everything covered. I'm very envious.
*Looks at the new want list and swats away the moths coming out of the wallet*

Almost everything, i still need a long range tank :lol:

Bought a chainsaw today to sit in the back for those tracks with fallen down trees and cutting up firewood etc. If anyone was thinking about the same the smallest stihl is on special for just $299 :!: :!:
this is it here http://www.stihl.com.au/Products/produc ... odelID=509
Considering its usually over $400 i think it was a steal for a good quality chainsaw.

Josh
Noidea

Postby jungle on Tue, 08 Mar 2011 1:49 +0000

That's a nice rig right there.
jungle

Next

Return to Member Build Ups