Noidea's Hilux ***Up For Sale***

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Noidea's Hilux

Postby Noidea on Sat, 03 Mar 2012 2:50 +0000

GUB881 wrote:Hey Mate awesome truck, just red through your entire build..

Did you ever get to putting those new pics up??? I live in Newy but work in WA and dont spend much time working on my truck (bad for a mechanic) but have told the boss (wife) that im spending a couple of days working on it (service, machine front disc, replacing rear brake shoe's, auto tranny service) and was weighing up if i should clean the intake out but will do it for sure after reading your post..

great work once agian on a very nice truck 8-)

Hey thanks mate, ive got a bit of info ive still got to put up here on the last few weeks of tinkering but ill get around to it.

What year and how many k's are on your lux?? Mines got about 100'000 so if yours has more or around that ide be cleaning the intake for sure!!

Ill try and get a photo off my phone and onto here of my egr valve my mechanic sent me as he started to pull it all apart. It was nothing from what was to come on the intake manifold itself
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Sat, 03 Mar 2012 2:51 +0000

Ps I have done another shoot for 4wd action dvd a few weeks ago and another photo shoot for the main mag just last week so ill let you know what issues these will be coming out with my truck in them.
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Sat, 03 Mar 2012 5:09 +0000

This was how bad my egr valve was. The intake was much worse than that.
Noidea

Postby GUB881 on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 8:18 +0000

OMG :o :o ..... Thats insane..

My is a 06 with about 150,000km.. Im running the Roo System chip and exhaust and have already had the pleasure of replacing the 4 injectors.. Three weeks after replacing the injectors the injector pump literally exploded :x ...

Not sure how to add a pic to this :? .. If i did i would send you a pic of the pump

Would never get rid of her but.. Love it.
GUB881

Postby GUB881 on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 8:22 +0000

What do they use to clean the EGR valve..

Also how do you rate the cough cough sssshhh radar detector you have
GUB881

Postby Noidea on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 3:35 +0000

GUB881 wrote:OMG :o :o ..... Thats insane..

My is a 06 with about 150,000km.. Im running the Roo System chip and exhaust and have already had the pleasure of replacing the 4 injectors.. Three weeks after replacing the injectors the injector pump literally exploded :x ...

Not sure how to add a pic to this :? .. If i did i would send you a pic of the pump

Would never get rid of her but.. Love it.

I would definitely clean your intake mate.

GUB881 wrote:What do they use to clean the EGR valve..

Also how do you rate the cough cough sssshhh radar detector you have

Well my mechanic mate did it for me but plenty of acid baths and a pressure cleaner and even still some of it was so baked on it had to be manually chipped off with a screwdriver and a hammer.

Um yes I rate that item ....... :| :| :| haha It works really well but what amazes me is how many hwy patrol cars cruise round without the radar on. I would say 75% of hwy patrol cars i pass are not using thier radar. In saying that when they are it gives me a good heads up depending on how long they have it on for and how far ahead they actually use it. You dont get any preemptive warning with lidar though (the gun they hold when sitting in the car or outside the car) as it uses a light beam and at distance of say 400m the beam is only about 30cm wide so theres no 'spill' and the cop targets individual cars. So when the lidar warning goes off its a bit to late but it does give you a chance to adjust as the coppa usually targets you for a while to make sure your not speeding up rather slowing down.

Mobile speed cameras it does pick up yes but they use a very low powered radar so it doesnt really give you much of a warning, like less than 100m.

Hope this helps
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Tue, 06 Mar 2012 1:26 +0000

Picked up my rda prado slotted rotors today with some ebc greenstuff pads with a new caliper seal kit :D Calipers bought to from wreckers and are on their way from the gold coast.

Noidea

Postby pisso01 on Tue, 06 Mar 2012 1:59 +0000

Nice. Keen to see how you go with this. Ill be looking at doing it soon.

PS: I think I saw you one morning a week or so ago on the pacific HWY..

Cheers,

Chris.
My touring Lux - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7795 - Nearly finished
pisso01

Postby Noidea on Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:20 +0000

pisso01 wrote:Nice. Keen to see how you go with this. Ill be looking at doing it soon.

PS: I think I saw you one morning a week or so ago on the pacific HWY..

Cheers,

Chris.

You probably did chris as im always tearing up and down it at various times of the day :lol:

When / if you go ahead with this upgrade mate let me know as I got both calipers off an 07 120 prado for just $265 including delivery to my door from a wrecker on the gold coast!!!! :twisted:

Ive saved their number and the guys name I dealt with because thats well over $100 cheaper than anywhere I got quoted in sydney for them
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 2:34 +0000

Ok well my rims and tyres turned up today and im pretty excited just quietly.

The rubber was fitted to the rims today and gets put on the truck and aligned tomorrow morning so ill take some pics and throw them up when I pick it up.

If I get time once ive picked it up ill throw the prado brakes on to. :D
Noidea

Postby Rocket55 on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 5:22 +0000

Keen to see Josh, It's gunna look smick :D
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby Noidea on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 6:29 +0000

Rocket55 wrote:Keen to see Josh, It's gunna look smick :D

Fingers crossed :twisted:
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 7:25 +0000

Hmm not long now :grin:
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 9:46 +0000

Well........ tyres are on............ wheels are almost aligned.............. buuuuuuuut........... Now my rear diff has blown up :evil: :evil:

The tyre place was testing my alignment and make adjustments etc when my diff just let go. He limped it back to the shop to give me the bad news............ I was assured he wasn't doing anything stupid like playing with the lockers or engaging 4wd etc, it was just its time to go. But what annoys me the most is that im running 4.1 ratio gears in the back and if I have to replace those ill be pissed :evil:

I removed the rear prop shaft and limped it down to my mechanics shop on the front diff which luckily wasnt very far away listening to the clunk clunk clunk the whole way.

Ill find out in a few hours if its the crown wheel and pinion thats gone (which i suspect it is) but they are the 4.1 nitro gears from the states that I bought through VMN and they are only just over a year old.

Im starting to get very angry very quickly and the thought of forking out another $800 odd buks for some new gears that have a 0% failure rate (according to VMN) is not sitting to well with me.

Just have to wait till the diff centre comes out in a few hours to know exactly whats gone wrong but either way its been a very expensive day for me :(
Noidea

Postby pisso01 on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 9:53 +0000

Shit mate. Maybe the gears or locker wasnt installed properly in the first place? Seems wierd for it to let go with so little use. Didnt you have rear diff troubles after that zig zag trip we did? Hope the news isnt too bad.

Cheers,

Chris.
My touring Lux - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7795 - Nearly finished
pisso01

Postby Noidea on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:00 +0000

pisso01 wrote:Shit mate. Maybe the gears or locker wasnt installed properly in the first place? Seems wierd for it to let go with so little use. Didnt you have rear diff troubles after that zig zag trip we did? Hope the news isnt too bad.

Cheers,

Chris.

Well ARB at Artarmon put everything in and Dave who has done many many diffs and lockers before and he said it all went well. I used spacers instead of crush tubes for better strength, he got the preload and backlash set up perfectly. I made sure he took his time doing it. Hes done McSomeways diff as well. Ive only ever bought the best. grrrrrrrr

The problems after zigzag were the rear wheel bearings it turned out so nothing to do with the diff thank god.

Maybe something happened with the gears during manufacture maybe, has happened plenty of times before with other things. Who knows. But yes just over a year isnt good enough.

Thanks mate ill let you know this arvo how its travelling
Noidea

Postby Noidea on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:45 +0000

Fingers crossed its just an axel.............
Noidea

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:47 +0000

Bugger mate, that sucks! I would have had full faith in the nitro gears :(

You seem confident they weren't messing with the locker on the black top?
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Rocket55 on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:01 +0000

Ummm, you sure they weren't playing with the locker :?: I just had mine in for a wheel alignment also, and after the test drive the sprint booster was up on red and the ute just reeked of clutch. :evil: :evil: Little fat fingered people playing with things that don't concern them :evil: :evil:

Hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby helmut79 on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:05 +0000

I would be going back to the tyre shop for some coin, they have insurance policies to cover this kind of thing.

Sounds like they were try to do something to your truck Josh.

Keep us updated on how it goes.
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups