Bangers Build needs help

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Bangers Build

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:20 +0000

x5 is that gunshot?

Ute looks awesome mate, top work
Marshwa

Postby Banger on Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:19 +0000

thanks fellas at least u lads like it missus not at fan.. haha. yea up cape york on the telly track recomend it to any one well worth the trip.
Cheers
Banger

Postby joelf180 on Sat, 01 Jan 2011 8:22 +0000

hey mate im thinking of putting the exact tire and rim on my lux ,whats ur thoughts on the bf muddies?
joelf180

Re: Bangers Build locker fitted reckon on the way

Postby Banger on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 5:06 +0000

Thrown a bit more coin at the rig in the last month got the rear ARB locker fitted and ordered my new reckon front end working on some buds sliders at the moment see what matty can do for me. got the new eighty LTR waeco for a steel the local rays outdoors had a ripper sale on saved myself 430 bucks! I will wack some pics up when i can find my usb chord.
cheers :D
Banger

Postby Jack S on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 5:10 +0000

Banger wrote:got the new eighty LTR waeco for a steel the local rays outdoors had a ripper sale on saved myself 430 bucks!

:shock: :shock:
f$@#&% yea, thats an awesome saving man, well done on that one!
I was just looking at these this morning when i was checking out the 4wd action mag, plus my old man mentioned i got no way to keep the beers cold at the moment :lol:
Jack S

Postby Earl-mi on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 7:52 +0000

Mate love the build. I have just got a new 2011 single cab. Got lift and tyres so far. Arb booked for the 23rd!

I too agree with the aftermarket options for long range tanks. Can I ask some questions of your setup.

I was looking at these poly tanks from eBay, 120lt. But wasn't to sure on how to plumb it all into my standard tank? More pics and description would be great.

Tank http://cgi.ebay.com.au/125LT-UNDERBODY- ... 3f07fcdcab

Thanks
Mitch
Earl-mi

Postby dute on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 8:44 +0000

Great build well done . . . top pixs to. . .
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Postby Banger on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 7:15 +0000

the way I did the tank is really easy and a way cheaper option also a smarter option in my case. I had a house fire here last week so things are a bit of a mess I will post more pics of the install and give a run down on it when the insurance assessors have finished and I can touch my stuff. Cheers Banger
Banger

Re: Bangers Build new pics sliders and rekon

Postby Banger on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 7:17 +0000

Back online after the house fire couple of pics of the gear i have put on the ute in the last couple of weeks.
rear air locker fron went in today no pics yet.

buds customs sliders thanks matty!

monster rides diff cradle.

the new rekon shocks and sway bar relocators and 45mm ball joint extentions.

the 80ltr waeco i got for a steal and tuff box.

and the new dog box ive started to fit the roof top tent on. keep the woman happy on her first trip up the cape this year.

Ended up ordering some adjustable tough dogs for the rear as the open lenth is longer than my billies with an extended brake line should work well as my sping pack has alot of down travel not being used. il get in this in when i am home next and post up some action shots. enjoy cheers Banger
Banger

Postby Banger on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 7:25 +0000

Earl-mi wrote:Mate love the build. I have just got a new 2011 single cab. Got lift and tyres so far. Arb booked for the 23rd!

I too agree with the aftermarket options for long range tanks. Can I ask some questions of your setup.

I was looking at these poly tanks from eBay, 120lt. But wasn't to sure on how to plumb it all into my standard tank? More pics and description would be great.

Tank http://cgi.ebay.com.au/125LT-UNDERBODY- ... 3f07fcdcab

Thanks
Mitch

Mitch sorry for realy late reply all u have to do in make sure you have enough fall from tank to tank. I put a valve on my feeder tank to shut on and off but its not realy needed. From the feeder tank to the factory tank i ran a 10mm fuel line into the breather line on the factorie tank with a t and hose clamps i tapped in on top of the factorie tank not on the filler to allow for good fall. Then just ran a breather off the feeder tank up to the head board than now breathes for both tanks the set up works great and realy easy to do. Allows to carry more fuel than a replacement tank and half the price. hope helps il look for some more pics.
Cheers Banger
Banger

Postby Jack S on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 7:27 +0000

Looking very nice banger!
Your certainly doing alot of work to the single cab beast...
Jack S

Postby helmut79 on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:24 +0000

Back online after the house fire

WTF happened mate? Does not sound good, hope you and your family are ok
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Banger on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:36 +0000

helmut79 wrote:
Back online after the house fire

WTF happened mate? Does not sound good, hope you and your family are ok

yea buddy full on had a kitchen renno done and looks like dodgy wiring done to the stove top. ended up catching onto our first aid kit and bam lucky the neighbours were home to give me a call !! took out new kitchen laundry and cealing :(
no fun all sweet now but. back into playing hiluxes hahaha...
Banger

Postby Banger on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 6:19 +0000

Hey fellas,
Quick up date on the ute,
got all the rekon gear fitted up ute looks massive waiting for things to settle, cant beleive how nice it is to drive on.

put the 45mm balljoints in the camburg upper arms but didnt work out on full droop (so the camburgs up for sale 6mnths old. ball joints pressed in driven on for 1hr lol pm if intrested). these will suit a 3-4 inch lift that isnt long travel they have done no hard work and in good nick. so matty has got some MR uniball UCAS on the way.

Fitted up the rekon bash plates front and diff drop plate.
tough dog adjustable rear shocks
4wd 1 extended rear brake line
ARB front air lock so she dual locked now :twisted:
Steirling 3 inch zorst.
chip it power module
few switches in the cab form custom rockers. (looks very pretty)
new pro turbo timer
new pro HID upgrades for the light force spotties
new dog box finished
rooftop tent fitted to dog box.
got 2 cobalt gaudges waiting on pillar pod. boost and pyro

stay tuned for pics will throw them up once UCAS and pillar pod are in.
three weeks out from our anual cape trip i can not wait to put the truck through its paces with the new gear in dont think there be any of the boys trolls or cruisers out tracking me this year :D

just a quickie for fellas running three inch zorst have any of you had problems with it tapping on the rear chassis cross member??

Cheers Banger
Banger

Re: Bangers Build ready to eat the OTT

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:18 +0000

man im loving this build of yours, that pic of coming down gunshot on the first page of your build is awesome 8-) WOW you have thrown some serious cash at the lux :twisted: cant wait to see the recent pics of it. Also your dog cage looks schmick good fabbing skills :D

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Hilux Max on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:33 +0000

Banger wrote:just a quickie for fellas running three inch zorst have any of you had problems with it tapping on the rear chassis cross member??

Cheers Banger

yep....I have bent the steel mounts that the rubber bushes hold the exhaust onto so it spacers it a little.

I did have a piece of solid rubber wedged in between that worked fine for a while till it dropped out.

now only occassionally it touches the crossmember under certain conditions...funny thou, as when I had the straight through pipe there was more clearance than with the muffler portion now fitted.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Banger on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 4:31 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:
Banger wrote:just a quickie for fellas running three inch zorst have any of you had problems with it tapping on the rear chassis cross member??

Cheers Banger

yep....I have bent the steel mounts that the rubber bushes hold the exhaust onto so it spacers it a little.

I did have a piece of solid rubber wedged in between that worked fine for a while till it dropped out.

now only occassionally it touches the crossmember under certain conditions...funny thou, as when I had the straight through pipe there was more clearance than with the muffler portion now fitted.

ahh spot on cheers max il have a crack at it tomorrow. thinking of pulling the muffler out and getting a truck muffler put in get a lil bit more noise from the lil girl was yours to noisy with straight pipe??
Banger

Bangers Build ready to eat the OTT

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 5:01 +0000

Straight through pipe rocks!!!! :twisted:
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Bangers Build ready to eat the OTT

Postby Banger on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 4:08 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:Straight through pipe rocks!!!! :twisted:

hahaha im on it. :twisted: