chopps 2010 SR5

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: chopps 2010 SR5

Postby chopp on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 5:28 +0000

hey beksr5. mine is old man emu. arb ran some checks on the brakes ect after the install and said the tc and vsc should be fine . i asked toyo if anything needed to be recalibrated ( sensors ect , ) but they said it was fine too. Have put about 1000km''s on so far and no issues . I think it will be fine. Yeah nice truck you have there , i think its the best colour, i almost got white , but i'm glad i didn't. the other thing arb found was the diff centre bearings were bigger too. when they went to fit the rear locker they had to find new bearings from somewhere , no-one at any arb seemed to know anything about that change so they had to figure it out on the fly. was all goo too, very happy with the service from arb. definately need the hid kit for the spotlights though, and need to re adjust them into position. not sure where to point them.
chopp

Postby jimmy on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:23 +0000

The only thing you might have to get your dealer to calibrate again if your VSC is too sensitive is the Steering Angle sensor and the Yor Sensor. I have had mine done after putting 265/70/17 BFG AT and a 2" OME lift. It was not much out but they still said worth checking, some are worse affected than others. We have had weeks of snow and ice over here and although it ruins the fun with the back end kicking out the VSC works damn well.
jimmy

Postby chopp on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 5:54 +0000

after talking to the dealer again , i think it is a case of them not knowing much about it themselves. they basicly just rang arb and asked them if it would be ok and thats all . i guess if anything happens they can pass all the blame then. i read that one of the uk members had to get it done on here .i haven't had a car with vsc before so i'm not sure what "too" sensitive is . Its definately works as soon as the car starts to veer , or back end wants to slide around , spin wheels ect, it acts straight away and stops these things from happening, but its hard to say whether its more sensitive than standard. i guess if there was something wrong it just wouldn't feel right.
chopp

Postby beksr5 on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:24 +0000

chopp wrote:hey beksr5. mine is old man emu. arb ran some checks on the brakes ect after the install and said the tc and vsc should be fine . i asked toyo if anything needed to be recalibrated ( sensors ect , ) but they said it was fine too. Have put about 1000km''s on so far and no issues . I think it will be fine. Yeah nice truck you have there , i think its the best colour, i almost got white , but i'm glad i didn't. the other thing arb found was the diff centre bearings were bigger too. when they went to fit the rear locker they had to find new bearings from somewhere , no-one at any arb seemed to know anything about that change so they had to figure it out on the fly. was all goo too, very happy with the service from arb. definately need the hid kit for the spotlights though, and need to re adjust them into position. not sure where to point them.

Thats good to know chopp. ARB are supposed to have all their legal jargon sorted by march. Mrs just spend 3k on a canopy for the back so I will have to wait for a bit before the lift comes. Its only her DD (hence our user name) and pulls the horse float on weekends, so the lift is not critical at this stage.

Thanks for the info mate. ;)
beksr5

Postby chopp on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:41 +0000

no worries , another thing to take into account is that the lift is not only for the extra height , but the aftermarket suspension is a much better ride too. it corners much better , is more stable , and i'm sure will tow better as well. i went with the medium grade suspesion because i'll be towing and its not too hard.
chopp

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups