Mitch's build- still keeping the wallet empty...

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Mitch's build- still keeping the wallet empty...

Postby 07luxyTD on Sat, 05 Mar 2016 11:08 +0000

jakelux wrote:Bit of left hand down there mitch... looks like your about to run through a cow shit!

Hes in a cruiser now, he doesn't have to worry about avoiding small obstacles [emoji6]
"Lucky you weren't cut off by my stihl"

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13794
My Landcruiser Build http://www.newlandcruiser.net/phpbb/vie ... 90&start=0
07luxyTD

Postby hugo12 on Sat, 05 Mar 2016 4:31 +0000

amitch888 wrote:Still got the Hilux, not a heap has changed since the last update. DMS front suspension cracked and looking for something else or put the ultimate suspension back in. Either way I'll be going back to basic lift, something easier to put in and out.

Ouch what cracked on the DMS coilers? was procrastinating about getting a set of them after hearing a few good reviews, this is the first bad thing i have seen on them.
hugo12

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 22 Mar 2016 8:02 +0000

Jesse98 wrote:Hey mate, luv ya ute. Looks Schmick as. 79 series looks sexy too. I'm puttin 305/70r16s on me ute and was just wondering how far yours stick out of the wheel arch?

The 305's sit fairly level with the edge of the flare, 0 offset and extra wide utemart flares, 55mm flares from memory. Tray just covers the wheels perfect, tray is 1900 wide I think. All these details are fading in the memory bank.

Richard wrote:One way to truly get rid of every squeak and rattle Mitch - get a new Hilux. :)

Richard

Don't think I'll be getting rid of this hilux anytime soon, put to much into it, still does what I want well plus no one will want it when I'm finished with it! :lol:

Alby wrote:Looks good Mitch
Where did you get the tapered under tray boxes from?

Same as Kyle's, come from a guy in Melbourne, neat build but could be heavier, I'm sure they are upto the job though. Cheap enough to, I got them raw for $200 each box, I got a couple of sets, will put a pair on the lux. Best part was they match up with all the angles of the guards and cab on the cruiser perfectly. Just had to put my fuel filler at the rear of the tray for the toolbox to go on place, works well. I've got his number if you want it.

jayse wrote:Cruiser looks awesome mate. I'm thinking I'll go the 79 series when its time to upgrade the hilux.

I love the cruiser for what it is, does everything I intended it to but it's not for everyone. If I didn't have a farm and a use for it I think I'd happily go back to a new hilux, especially given the price difference.

hugo12 wrote:
amitch888 wrote:Still got the Hilux, not a heap has changed since the last update. DMS front suspension cracked and looking for something else or put the ultimate suspension back in. Either way I'll be going back to basic lift, something easier to put in and out.

Ouch what cracked on the DMS coilers? was procrastinating about getting a set of them after hearing a few good reviews, this is the first bad thing i have seen on them.

Not entirely sure what caused it, haven't really heard of anyone else having the drama. DMS have said they will take a look and repair them but they are still sitting in my shed, havnt had the time to organise to get them looked at yet so time will tell.
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Miller 197 on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 7:09 +0000

nice build
Miller 197

Postby lenqt on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 5:15 +0000

Great looking lux mate!

got some questions, Soo many pages i looked through alot of them but i might be blind. (sorry)
What light bar and spotties do you have and how is the bar mounted.
lenqt

Postby amitch888 on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 9:23 +0000

Thanks guys 8-)

Have light force blitz with a HID kit for the spotties, cheap but seem work well. Reflective stuff in the spotties is now showing its age a lot now so maybe not as good as lights as they once were but hardly drive at night now so I guess it's not high on my list to replace them.

Light bar was rigid industries, can't remember what size now, around 20-22 inch, I grabbed it 2nd hand off here. Some lowlife decided they needed it more than me while I had it off the ute. Had the bullbar off my ute for a few weeks while I fitted my high mount winch and a few other changes. When fitted it was just two holes straight through the top tube of the bar, nothing fancy or complicated. They don't show up now though that the light bar isn't there, not to me atleast.
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby lenqt on Thu, 14 Apr 2016 8:24 +0000

Thanks for getting back to me Mitch. I am gaining alot of inspiration from this build thanks :)
lenqt

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:36 +0000

I just need to find some motivation clean the lux up a bit, showing its ago and showing its been using a lot. Find some spare time soon I think and give it some love and shine her up.

On the news of cruiser I stuck a stainless fatz fab snorkel on recently, come up well. Havnt got many pics of it yet. Stuck in bloody hospital at moment, have been for over a couple of weeks, going mad :?
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups