Mitch's build- still keeping the wallet empty...

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Mitch's build- still keeping the wallet empty...

Postby amitch888 on Fri, 05 Jul 2013 10:29 +0000

jakelux wrote:Yeah mate been back in Melb about a month, hopefully meet you and the canadians on the tracks sometime :D

Day trip to cobaw or tallarook? Or high country trip

17's would have hurt the wallet, although already regret not doing it, so maybe the brake booster upgrade, although they arent cheap either.

Going over my list of repairs that need doing make me cringe. Screw the number plate back on as its currently held on with zip ties, refit the engine guard bash plate since it got ripped off on the trip, dint in each side sill, small dint below the snorkle, drivers door dint, both doors and behind the back door on the passenger side, both front and rear mud guard on the passenger side of the tray have bends in them and rear toolbox needs repairs. Oh and drivers side flare needs repairing and refitting or maybe even a new one. :roll: :oops: :( And endless amounts of pin stripping. It's definitely looking well used now
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Re: Mitch's build

Postby MADDOG on Fri, 05 Jul 2013 3:39 +0000

amitch888 wrote:
Going over my list of repairs that need doing make me cringe. Screw the number plate back on as its currently held on with zip ties, refit the engine guard bash plate since it got ripped off on the trip, dint in each side sill, small dint below the snorkle, drivers door dint, both doors and behind the back door on the passenger side, both front and rear mud guard on the passenger side of the tray have bends in them and rear toolbox needs repairs. Oh and drivers side flare needs repairing and refitting or maybe even a new one. :roll: :oops: :( And endless amounts of pin stripping. It's definitely looking well used now

And that was just from trying to get through the cow pats in the top paddock. :roll:
MADDOG

Postby Quinny34 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 7:45 +0000

Yeah, I got nothin...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 8:30 +0000

Quinny34 wrote:Yeah, I got nothin...

I do, a new bike and loving it :twisted:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Quinny34 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 9:40 +0000

I was looking at the GS1200 and funny enough ended up looking at the KTM due to reviews of others... Would like to take it for a fang if you don't mind? Will you have it at Pete's?
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:00 +0000

Planning on strapping my gear on somehow and taking yes. Hopefully getting it set up reasonably quick, few things should show up later this week. I did look at others but kept coming back to this because it will cover basically everything I want to do the best... Or maybe I wanted it just because it has balls :lol:

The urge to do the Simpson on it soon is strong :twisted:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Postby Quinny34 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:28 +0000

Yeah a mate just done a Himalaya's trip and after looking through what he done I'm keen as to get of my death machine and onto something a little more sedate...

http://extremebiketours.com/project/mot ... malayas_1/
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brusa on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:53 +0000

Quinny34 wrote: I'm keen as to get of my death machine and onto something a little more sedate...

So your buying a Vesper or a Harley?
FCCW
Brusa.
....the more hair I lose, the more head I get.....
brusa@newhilux.net
brusa

Postby Quinny34 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:31 +0000

brusa wrote:
Quinny34 wrote: I'm keen as to get of my death machine and onto something a little more sedate...

So your buying a Vesper or a Harley?

Not sure, just been to the bike shops to get a pair of boots, the bright orange vespa was on sale, but like a fat chick you want to ride it but you wouldn't let your mates find out... The Harley, well the 2 I looked at where not bad, the GS800 and 1200's looked good, pity Im such a short Canadian though...

So, jury's out... will keep what I have and keep looking.... (Although the CBR1000RR for 12K brand new was also tempting...)
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:57 +0000

12k new? Your joking, thought they would be more. I didn't mind the gs. But your right, they are big and heavy, that was my first thought when I test rode one, but the minute you start riding you forget, even flogging around the bush roads or hill climbs you don't notice it.

We won't give you shit if you buy a Vespa..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Postby Quinny34 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 1:02 +0000

It was the fact it was orange.... I felt like I was Brusa's cousin...
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 1:07 +0000

No one should ever be made to feel that way
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Postby brusa on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 4:32 +0000

It's ok Quinny, PeeWee 100 might be just your size and being an auto you could ride one handed with a beer in your the other hand :lol:
FCCW
Brusa.
....the more hair I lose, the more head I get.....
brusa@newhilux.net
brusa

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 5:26 +0000

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Postby Quinny34 on Wed, 28 Aug 2013 7:22 +0000

brusa wrote:It's ok Quinny, PeeWee 100 might be just your size and being an auto you could ride one handed with a beer in your the other hand :lol:

You may be a FCCW but you are a thinkin man.... :D :D :D :D
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Mitch's build- still keeping the wallet empty...

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 9:12 +0000

Been a while between updates as usual but it still lives, still wasting money on it, not sure why :?

Done a few things over the past 12 months, pulled my arb bullbar off and widened the wings to match the extra wide flares, made a few mods and fitted a high mount winch, absolute weapon of a thing compared to the old tigerz11 I had, although I still rate the tigerz. Still need to get a longer length of rope for the high mount, plenty of room for more.

I've had a set of Bailey injectors fitted some time back, seem to be decent things, great price as opposed to Toyota 8-) got 120,000kms out of the originals.

Few months back I started rounding up parts for a ratio change and ordered in a front Elocker. Booked it in to have it all fitted and also mentioned a ticking noise that comes and goes at times, turned out to be a small bolt had come loose in the rear locker which wrecked the gear set, a locking pin, some washers and the bolt itself, should have been an easy fix, which I guess it was apart from the 7 week wait for the parts to arrive :evil: but finally got it back, rear locker repaired, front locker fitted and ratio's changed to 4.1's. new seals in the front diff and new rear wheel bearings, these were completely stuffed. Maybe expected a bigger change with the ratio change, although I'm still happy I did it, much better to drive.

Got a little paranoid with the front locker going in with cv's so I ordered the diff drop off MR and droop limiters which are yet to show up, should have thought about this before I had the work done on the front diff, now I've got the fun and games fitting the diff drop myself.

Finally got sick of the stainless exhaust system, complete waste of money! Got myself a basic cheap mild steel 3 inch system, I will fit that up tonight if I get motivated.

Probably continue to waste money on it until I sell it or it dies :lol: so next will be prado brakes, 17 wheels, maybe a turbo upgrade, hks tune? Tray could do with a good clean up and respray, new tool boxes, actually the whole could do with a respray, dints, dings, massaged panels and scratches everywhere.

Also joined the club of having a light bar stolen :evil: pricks. Replaced it with a cheap eBay one but haven't got around to fitted it.

One thing annoying the shit out of me is the suspension noise, front struts squeak until I throw water or spray inox on them, drives me insane, and the rear suspension leaf packs rattle a bit, not so annoying but it is there. The tray had also developed a rattle so I'll take care of that when I clean it up. Or maybe I should buy a new stereo to fix the lot :lol:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

amitch888

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 2:15 +0000

amitch888 wrote:One thing annoying the shit out of me is the suspension noise, front struts squeak until I throw water or spray inox on them, drives me insane, and the rear suspension leaf packs rattle a bit, not so annoying but it is there. The tray had also developed a rattle so I'll take care of that when I clean it up. Or maybe I should buy a new stereo to fix the lot :lol:

Whining like a bitch mode - ACTIVATED....

Canadian...
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Rocket55 on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 4:02 +0000

There's a thread on here somewhere about how deactivate that ;)
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby dute on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 5:40 +0000

Rocket55 wrote:There's a thread on here somewhere about how deactivate that ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Postby kyle300exc on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 7:04 +0000

Get the V8 doohickie that plugs into your lighter that'll fix it.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups