Noodle - the evolution continues- with pics

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Noodle - the issues

Postby Steve9R on Mon, 18 Oct 2010 9:00 +0000

hey guys..
Sorry Ive been away at motogp for the last 4 days only just got back late last night.

Yeah its the only solid yellow wire in that wire block under the glove box.. I can have another look if you cant find it..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Alby on Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:49 +0000

stewy101 wrote:I have also asked this question on this thread - A-SURE Double Din Stereo replacement

And I answered it for you with info that Steve9r provided to me :?
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby sox on Mon, 16 May 2011 12:52 +0000

Is this wire under drivers or passenger side ?
Is the wire the yellow solid? Give us a clearer indicater please.
Thanks
sox

Noodle - the issues

Postby noodle on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 7:10 +0000

Thought I should update the evolution of noodle, it's certainly changed over the last month or two.

Since I started working with the timber industry, being bush all day everyday soon showed up a few weaker points of my build. One of those was the piss poor lighting, seeing fatso's great nephew appear 3 feet in front of you at 100 km/h is scary, but for it to happen 2 times a day, everyday is just wrong. So the Hella 4000's were upgraded with 100w hid inserts thanks to a guy from the patrol forums. I'll put up some pics when I can, but fook me I can see!!! There are a few straights that are over a km long and I can see the road clearly at that range, not just the cats eyes. The truck drivers I work with have all commented on the effectiveness of my lights...... Usually from the wrong angle though.

I also upgraded the clutch with one from Brendon at Ultimate Suspensions, this was fitted when Toyota gave me a brand new gearbox. At the same time, I ugraded the front brakes to slotted rotors and bendix pads. This alone had made masive differences to the handling and braking capabilities.

The Toyota Breaker winch bar met it's demise one day early april, thanks to a losing fight with another hilux's rear tray during an "encounter" at a roundabout. So when the insurance replaced the bullbar, a nice new TJM T15 bar now sits up front.

I have also finally upgraded the suspension to something more fitting. After a good chat with crosssport, I fitted a combination of EFS and ironman all round. I now sit at about 3" allround, and it feels sooo much more solid and stable at speed on dirt roads. I'll get some pics up soon. The inner cv boots are just touching but I'll be fixing that shortly.

Recently I went out firewood hunting where I work, and crawled over some pine stumps from where we had clear felled the pine plantation. The Avenger front guard bounced up and over the stump but the Toyo engine plate caved in almost touching the steering rack. A call to Matt from MR soon fixed that with a diff drop kit (to correct the CV angles), and front guard and engine plate on it's way.

The same day I managed to Swiss cheese my factory sidesteps into the ground, so a set of buds sliders are also on the way.

Been an expensive month :?

I also managed to score a Dept of Interior roof console complete with GME radio on eBay the other week for $300ish, and that will be fitted soon.

So the evolution is almost complete, just new tyres, a chip and long range fuel tank to go. I'm tired of carrying around 80l of fuel in Jerry cans because where I work doesn't have a reliable diesel supply.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance
Al
07 D4D D/Cab Manual

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
noodle

Noodle - the evolution continues- with pics

Postby noodle on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 1:48 +0000

Pics as promised

This is a week after installation, and about 1500km so it has pretty much settled

TJM bar.... notice the nice gap between the bashplate and the bottom of the bullbar!! Hopefully buds bashplate will close this gap

driver side CV angle.... not as severe as I originally thought

passenger side

looks better all round

flex is better now, the whole ute sits flatter now and before, like below shot

I'll put up pics of the roof console, and buds gear when I get around to installing it
Al
07 D4D D/Cab Manual

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
noodle

Re: Noodle - the evolution continues- with pics

Postby will 4x4 on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 7:20 +0000

Im trying to hook up a ctek d250sa, this needs a signal from the ignition, anyone able to help on this?
Nice build noodle
will 4x4

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups