g-dog's journey

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

g-dog's journey

Postby g-dog on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 9:50 +0000

Greetings fellow luxians,

Just to let you all know I was down the dealership today to find out the status of my new lux which arrived in Adelaide 2 weeks ago - not bad considering I signed the contract early December 09. I took a picture to show you all what I am so excited about.

Unfortunately I don't take possession of her for a couple of weeks due to an operation...her operation as she needs to be fitted with leather seats, so I took a couple of happy snaps of the interior prior to the procedure. Here are the before shots

Now while she's under the knife I have decided to fit her with an bullbar. While I was there the boys had her up on the hoist...and as I know how much we all like pics, I took it upon myself to take some more.

Well there we are fella's, the birth of my charcoal grey hilux. Exciting times indeed. There are a few more cosmetic changes she will undergo prior to delivery. I have arranged to be present on these occasions, so i'll keep you all informed with the aid of my camera of course.

Regards
g-dog
2010 3ltr D4D SR5 Hilux Dual Cab AUV
g-dog

Re: g-dog's journey

Postby 10K on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 8:34 +0000

Welcome g-dog,

Another in the "Charcoal Club"... very nice!

I have leather on my truck... here is some advice for the upolsterers!
Get them to insert some more bolstering around the lumbar and on the sides of the seat, to support your thighs and the sides of your back... it will make the seat a lot more comfortable.
Might cost a bit extra, but well worth the money.

Welcome to a great forum, plenty of good blokes here with great advice and awesome builds on their trucks.

Cheers
Matt

Postby tasibrett on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 9:02 +0000

ahh, theres nothing like the smell of new leather :)
My wife say's I am not completely useless, I can serve as a bad example for others
tasibrett

Postby Jack S on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 4:23 +0000

whats some of the plans for the new lux mate?
Jack S

Postby g-dog on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 8:23 +0000

10K wrote:Welcome g-dog,

Another in the "Charcoal Club"... very nice!

I have leather on my truck... here is some advice for the upolsterers!
Get them to insert some more bolstering around the lumbar and on the sides of the seat, to support your thighs and the sides of your back... it will make the seat a lot more comfortable.
Might cost a bit extra, but well worth the money.

Welcome to a great forum, plenty of good blokes here with great advice and awesome builds on their trucks.

Cheers
Matt

Matt
Agrred, this is a great forum, I have been an avid reader since I joined and leant alot, your advice is much appreciated and I will be doing as you suggested

tasibrett wrote:ahh, theres nothing like the smell of new leather :)

Tasibrett
I don't know how long the "new smell" will last, but as I intend to do a fair few trips, I decided I may as well do it in comfort

Jack S wrote:whats some of the plans for the new lux mate?

Jack
prior to delivery I am having a towbar, ARB bullbar, Warn 9000 winch, IPL spotties, reversing camera and a Carryboy Canopy added. Once I take delivery I plan to add a dual battery setup and some underbody protection before I take her down for a lift and new rubber

Needless to say I'll keep you all informed

Regards,
g-dog
g-dog

Postby Naisie on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:35 +0000

looks good..

dont forget a nice girly name .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and a newhilux.net sticker :D
:D ~ Renee ~ :D

BITUMEN - Another waste of taxpayers dollars!
Naisie
Platinum Subscriber

Postby g-dog on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 7:06 +0000

Greetings

True to his word, Peter from the dealership rang me yesterday to let me know that the canopy was on and wanted to know if I wanted to take a couple of pics....of course I did, but was on my way to work and couldn't make it. So today I went down with camera in hand to inspect the progress.

And here it is.

As you can tell I opted for the Work Style Caddy Canopy and let me tell you all that the pictures do the canopy no justice whatsoever. The design is superb and the quality is brilliant to say the least.

The lift up windows are solid and supported by decent gas struts. I need to take this opportunity to thank Rodw for his reviews and recommedations which was supported by my research, but I was still more than impressed by personal inspection.

As you can tell I also had some Rhino roof racks fitted. The towbar is also on and tomorrow they fit the reversing camera. I am now waiting on ARB to install the bullbar and spotties before the leather seats are done...then ready for collection.

Cheers
g-dog
g-dog

Return to Member Build Ups