Renfins build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Renfins build

Postby renfin on Sat, 04 Jul 2009 8:54 +0000

Hi All,
Well finally picked up my ute today, 4x4 SR5 TD auto
Thought I would start my own thread, considering what's being done.
Bought it with the standard options, mats, tint, tow bar and plastics.
Got an eclipse AVN 726 fitted which is fantastic.......just gotta learn how to use it.
Waiting for the ARB deluxe bar and snorkel, which should arrive next week.

Had Bilsteins fitted front and rear with kings 101 on front and air bags in the rear. The problem is the front is sitting quite high. Measured the height from rim to guard before and got 705mm front and after 780mm. Thought the suspension place mite have fitted 101 HD springs by mistake, but checked today when getting the tyres fitted and they are KTFR 101. So can someone please shed some light. Why is it sitting 75mm higher when it should only be a 50mm lift?
Traded in the original tyres and got BFG A/t, will be interested to see how these preform and wear.
Next going to build a custom aluminium tray, canopy and rack.........already done the initial drawing, just have to finalise dimensions now that I have the truck.

Other than that really happy with the truck..........so much better than my 2006 D22 navara.

cheers
renfin

Re: Renfins build

Postby 9W6VX on Sat, 04 Jul 2009 9:54 +0000

It will settle over time and you still have not got your ARB steel bar installed yet.

With the KTFR-101 springs your net gain would be around the 48mm mark and it will settle slightly after a few months.

Pictures are required.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby rodw on Sun, 05 Jul 2009 2:01 +0000

I wouldn't worry about it. The lifts are always approximate and the lift you measured is not unusual and similar to what I got out of my TD's. The bar will probably pull it down about 10-15 mm depending on if you add a winch to it.

We are all lad you ditched the Navara!
rodw

Postby renfin on Mon, 06 Jul 2009 7:03 +0000

I was told by king spring that is would only raise it about 50mm without the extras, which is what I was after. They recommended fitting the 101hd if fitting a bar, winch and battery. The 101hd would have lifted the front about 4".

I've also noticed that when going over large bump, there's metallic noise from the front, as if the spring is not seated properly (but it is, checked) Has anyone experienced this?
renfin

Postby Hilux Max on Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:35 +0000

take a picture of the front suspension......have a look at the shocker...see if the coils have been touching it......can happen sometimes...

other than that....check all bolt and makes sure nothing has been left loose....

might even be a loose bashplate of something similar.....hard to tell sitting behind a keyboard ;)
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Return to Member Build Ups