Under tray drawer

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Under tray drawer

Postby Brookster on Wed, 01 Apr 2009 8:28 +0000

I've posted something similar previously and no-one responded. So I'll ask again.

I'm looking for a good quality drawer that will slide out from under my alloy tray. It needs to be durable (used every day) reasonably deep (around 200mm) and sealed from water and dust. I've got a dual cab and the tray is approx. 1800mm long, so the drawer would be around this length. Anyone in Hilux Land know of a good product/manufacturer that meets the above criteria?

Any response would be welcome, even if it's to tell me to piss off. :?

Brookster
IF A MAN TALKS IN THE FOREST AND THERE IS NO WOMAN TO HEAR HIM, IS HE STILL WRONG?
Brookster

Re: Under tray drawer

Postby luxyloo on Wed, 01 Apr 2009 9:12 +0000

Hey Brookster,

I priced a Diamond T under tray drawer when I bought my ute. Dimensions were 1200L x 760W x 120D outer dimensions were 1220 x 850 x 180. They wanted $1350 for it installed, I couldn't justify the price for the size of it. I found another brand that was the same dimensions but 1500L, not sure whether I would trust it and it was a similar price as well. Another thing to note was that they said they would have to lift the tray slightly to install it, so if you wanted a drawer 200 deep they might be lifting the tray 100mm, not sure if that would look too good.
luxyloo

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 02 Apr 2009 9:14 +0000

Same as luxyloo, Im getting a tray built now and the extra cost of the draw wasn't worht it for me... may be diferent depending on what your doing with it...

I'm just looking to make one up one day myself if I get bored...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bull on Thu, 02 Apr 2009 3:18 +0000

I'm getting a draw built into my tray now. I'll post up some pics but it won't be finished for a while. Will be built strong but I doubt any cheaper than your prices.
Bull

Postby Alby on Thu, 02 Apr 2009 6:00 +0000

From what I know that is about the going $ rate, I like Quinny have decided against one as I don't really need one but just thought I would utilise the space. They are pretty heavy for what they are so I am looking just to get a chute folded up with a door at the tailgate so I can put tent poles or maybe even slide plastic bins in there with stuff I don't need to get to very often.This will suit my needs but also help keep the weight down.

Having said that we have trundle trays on 2 of the utes at work and if you are using them every day they are a good thing.
They are not very deep though only just take ramset drill and nailgun cases.

Alby
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby felix on Fri, 03 Apr 2009 9:28 +0000

I got some undertray side boxes from this crowd, quality of boxes is good they do a stock item of the longer box you want but also make to measure.They have several outlets around melbourne

http://www.toolboxcentre.com.au/
felix

Return to Member Build Ups