Quinny's Mistress - The Bitch is Back...

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Quinny's Build - Updated Pics!

Postby Twisty on Sun, 10 May 2009 9:57 +0000

Cool pics Quinny! Truck looks great! Would love to go wheeling in the snow someday....Actually seeing it in real life would be cool too.
Twisty

Postby Quinny34 on Sun, 10 May 2009 4:01 +0000

Its magical mate... no other words for it....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny34 on Sat, 23 May 2009 4:46 +0000

Woot! .... Just installed my Tiger II 12,000lb winch... went very well and all the bits just went in like factory items... Will get some pics tomorrow... bit dark out there now... PITA removing the bull bar... not hard, just wish I'd gotten the winch prior to fitting the bar save having to take it of....

Will go tension the rope tomorrwo someitme after I fit my Utemart flares... :D :D :D
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Alby on Sun, 24 May 2009 5:41 +0000

Well done Quinny, did you go wire or synthetic rope?

I just fitted the same winch (synthetic rope) but had it installed at the same time they did the bar, havn't tested it out yet though.
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Quinny34 on Sun, 24 May 2009 7:02 +0000

I went the rope also... was the deal clincher for me... I searched on the forums and all I found where good reviews. The only issue some had was the speed but under load its actually faster than a Warn 9.5 so I wasn't to fussed.

I've only been bogged once or twice where a winch would have helped... I figure with the locker Im more likely to get to places that will require a helping hand. Also I tend to drag a few people out here and there so this amy make it easier...

There also great to make a flying fox for the kids I hear... over a tree and use the snatch block as the runner.. :D :D :D

Alby, Did you get the control box mounted on the bar? Mine is at present but I was thinking of moving it under the hood somewhere...

Also, I swaped the main red power lead over so that the switch was secured under the bonnet rather than close to the winch... didnt want anyone wrapping it around the car and turning the winch on...
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dluxv6 on Sun, 24 May 2009 11:32 +0000

Quinny
PM the cost of winch and rope mate

Cheers Drew
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking.......
how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time
Dluxv6
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lowlux on Sun, 24 May 2009 4:52 +0000

nice rig quinny its all comeing togeather nicely

let me know how the winch go as im looking at gettin one in next few months and itll be good to hear some feedback on the tigers
cheers lowlux
lowlux

Postby Alby on Sun, 24 May 2009 5:14 +0000

Quinny23 wrote:I went the rope also... was the deal clincher for me... I searched on the forums and all I found where good reviews. The only issue some had was the speed but under load its actually faster than a Warn 9.5 so I wasn't to fussed. ...

Me too, all reports that I have heard have been good, their gearbox is more waterproof compared to the Warn also. I was keen on the synthetic rope due to the weight saving and hopefully won't need to use it much, I got it as a bit of insurance for my Cape trip

...[/quote]Alby, Did you get the control box mounted on the bar? Mine is at present but I was thinking of moving it under the hood somewhere......[/quote]

Mine is on the bar also, I didn't give it any thought,that is where ARB fitted it.

...[/quote]Also, I swaped the main red power lead over so that the switch was secured under the bonnet rather than close to the winch... didnt want anyone wrapping it around the car and turning the winch on...[/quote]

I will have to check my wiring as I am not sure what they have done with the security wire but I want to have a shutdown switch under the bonnet, apart from any pranks that might get played I am thinking that the $#(*^! who pinched my spotties might want my synthetic rope as well.

I reckon they are pretty good value for money but time will tell?
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 7:34 +0000

Righto... Some shots of the winch... I didnt get to many as most of it is tucked away... I also didnt get any action shots... it was to bloody dark by the time we got the kids, dogs wife etc... all strapped in and of to the wier..

Anyway... the final look

But I dont like how the control box covers the Toyo logo... I may move this under the hood at some stage.

And this is the lead I removed from the control box and turned around, its an isolating switch and I couldn't see the point of it being accessable in the bull bar for any joe blow to muck around with... Also saved me purchasing a switch as I was going down this path foor fear of someone winching my car in half at night :D :D

FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 7:41 +0000

For those interested in duel fuel filters, I added one after the previous mud incident.... Its a delphie 296 filter, cost is around $10.. come with glass bowl so you can see the quality of the fuel as well as mud and water.

Whole unit cost $110 plus some hose and a 1 way valve. Without the valve you'll get fuel draining back into the tank and the car will run then stop after a few seconds...

They are really pretty cool, they come with 2 inlets and 2 outlets, 1 each on either side so you can really go nuts as far as placement goes...

Here's a shot fo the fuel line runs...

I also got my flares on over the weekend, I'll get some shots up and put a bit of a spiel together... I had a few issues on the RHS getting the flare to sit firm against the body....
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 7:44 +0000

LOL... Note how clean the engine bay is... I now need new light covers... whilst washing the mud of it I took them of to clean all the mud out from the lights etc... forgot to put them back on... and yep, they where both in front of the wheels.... Ahhhhhhrrggg

I had a spare RHS lens due to someone snapping the lhs when working on the car previous, unfortunatly the RHS was the better of the 2... So if anyone has a spare LHS light cover please PM me...
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Skog07 on Mon, 25 May 2009 7:54 +0000

Looks nice an clean there Quinny. My engine bay is an absolute disgrace.... :oops:
I like the look of the Dephi. Its a nice and compact unit. Might be able to fit on onto the dual battery tray....
Cheap insurance I reckon.
Im reknowed for loosing shrader caps in exactly the same way as you lost you light covers... :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Skog
Skog07

Re: Quinny's Build - Winch and Dual Filter Shots

Postby Dluxv6 on Mon, 25 May 2009 10:37 +0000

Quinny
don't forget PM about winch and rope costs

Cheers Drew
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking.......
how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time
Dluxv6
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 10:44 +0000

Shit sorry mate...

Was going to PM this Drew but had a few others enquire so I'll post here...

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Tigerz11 ... QQ_armrsZ1

$799 including the rope... Kit is very good and came with everything I needed. Only feedback is to remove the main positive feed from the control box and turn it around so the switch is under the bonnet...

Comes with good instructions (youtube video's etc)...

Gave it a test run last night and all went well... The ARB bar comes of fairly easily but you'll need 2 helpers to get it of and back on simply due to it being awkward...

Let me know if you want any more info...
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 10:48 +0000

Next items on the agenda,

fit my CB,
rig up the Carputer and OBD,
Sliders,
Dump Pipe... (Will probably go back to a 3" exhaust also... I miss the noise :roll: )
Rear removable canopy (Will most likely follow what Alby is going to do.. Will let him do the write up 8-) .)
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Alby on Mon, 25 May 2009 11:05 +0000

Looking good Quinny,

The only thing I found with the winch though is because it has a Hause plate instead of the fairlead rollers with the synthetic rope option the hook does not tuck back in neatly........kinda looks like your walking around with your fly undone when not wearing underpants :lol:

I noticed that you have yours rapped down onto the recovery point, my concern with that is that the rope is exposed to getting damaged very easily ??
I was going to get a little velcro strap and strap it flat on the hause plate.
I will be interested to see how you go with moving the control box as I might do the same. Although it may not look so prominent when you fit a set of spotties?

I reckon I will invest in the fuel filter setup though.....it is good to see the quality of the fuel you are using.

That engine bay is bloody clean, will have to start calling you Mr Sheen :lol:
Alby

Postby Quinny34 on Mon, 25 May 2009 11:34 +0000

LOL... just to confirm (or rather disprove) rumors that my car is clean.... Its 400klms old and that was the first wash it had... The engine bay previously was filthy as it had been doused with 20 odd litres of diesel (the LHS rubber gaurd in the wheel arch is actually floppy due to the fuels effect)... and was basically brown from muds from both the Taylors creek and Wonnongatta trips...

LOL... I must be trying to compensate, look how paranoid I've gotten over having a clean car...

Alby,

I see your point on the rope, the rubber housing will keep it fine under normal road use, if going 4x4 I may have to find something higher up to hang it from, I didn't want it hanging out like a "willie in the wind" as you mentioned due to the damage it may cause floppin around...

Have you tried it out in Anger yet??
FCCW
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Alby on Mon, 25 May 2009 12:46 +0000

I plan on going for a run on Wednesday so will have a play with it then :)
Alby

Postby rodw on Mon, 25 May 2009 1:46 +0000

Maybe you could get or make a small hook that hooks on the high lift jacking points so you can tie, strap or velcro the hook back out of the way. Technically that is the best way to secure a winch rather than just tensioning the cable to hold it in place. Better for the winch not to be under stress. If you used some 3mm x 25mm flat for the hook, you could put some rubber or old carpet on the inside of th ehook so the duco on the bar did not get scratched.
rodw

Postby Macca on Sat, 30 May 2009 8:05 +0000

G'day Quinny,

That filter you used what size hose and tails are you using? and what is the in line fitting shown in your pics?

About to order one online and want to get the bits correct

Macca
Macca

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups